Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

From Mark O? It often is

Steve
      Maybe the lockdown is not helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

Oh I don't know anymore........

It's all PC this, snowflakeism that, cultural appropriation the other........

I can't keep up with it all (I don't think I want to either)........

People seem unable to do right for doing wrong these days, like at a Japanese Restaurant which opened in Canterbury a while back, the (British) waitresses dressed up in Japanese traditional clothing and hairstyle, and the local MP, instead of supporting and welcoming a new venture, marred the occasion by accusing them of 'cultural appropriation'.........

I thought people could wear whatever style of clothing they wish in a free country, not berate them for it......

There wasn't any 'freedom of clothing' in China in Communist years, everyone had to wear a MAO suit, black, grey, or navy blue were your colour choices !..........
        I'd opt for the navy blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bullet View Post

Is this a wind up post?
          No, just a factual one.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

From Mark O? It often is

Steve
            I'm not.

I don't obtain my facts from just one source, but several.

The latest (true) things they've banned are glitter covered Christmas cards, and the spirit of ecstasy mascot on Rolls-Royce motor cars.

A mantelpiece just doesn't look the same without a few glittery cards adorning it, how dare they forbid me from purchasing any........

I'm not likely to own a Rolls-Royce, but banning it's traditional mascot is tantamount to sacrilege.......

The do-Gooders make me sick.......

Comment

I'm not.

I don't obtain my facts from just one source, but several.

The latest (true) things they've banned are glitter covered Christmas cards and the spirit of ecstasy mascot on Rolls-Royce motor cars
              Would you care to provide your source for this 'fact' Mark.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/glitter-chr...hristmas+cards

https://www.zazzle.co.uk/glitter+christmas+cards

Some outlets are no longer selling them because they aren't recyclable, they haven't been banned.

As for the Spirit of Ecstasy, there is a Daily Mail sourced story that the EU have banned the 'glow -in-the dark' version of the Flying Lady. You can still shell out the £3500 premium if you want to buy it, but you have to disconnect the electrics.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Would you care to provide your source for this 'fact' Mark.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/glitter-chr...hristmas+cards

https://www.zazzle.co.uk/glitter+christmas+cards

Some outlets are no longer selling them because they aren't recyclable, they haven't been banned.

As for the Spirit of Ecstasy, there is a Daily Mail sourced story that the EU have banned the 'glow -in-the dark' version of the Flying Lady. You can still shell out the £3500 premium if you want to buy it, but you have to disconnect the electrics.
                Oh........

Well, yes, it was the DM I read about the spirit of ecstasy palaver, it didn't mention it only applied to the illuminated one, I had the impression it was banned completely !.........

Thank you for the links to Christmas cards, I also had the mistaken belief they were banned across the board........

I'll make no further comment..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	163-1634751_egg-on-my-face.png
Views:	77
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	95751

Comment

Glitter is under close scrutiny as it causes pollution as it's made from micro-plastics and is highly likely to go the way of the micro-beads found in cosmetics due to the damage they do to the natural environment and, ultimately, humans.

Comment

Oh........

Well, yes, it was the DM I read about the spirit of ecstasy palaver, it didn't mention it only applied to the illuminated one, I had the impression it was banned completely !.........

Thank you for the links to Christmas cards, I also had the mistaken belief they were banned across the board........

I'll make no further comment..........
                    Mark, you wouldn't get quite so many wrong impressions and mistaken beliefs if you simply stopped reading the DM!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Mark, you wouldn't get quite so many wrong impressions and mistaken beliefs if you simply stopped reading the DM!
                      Lol, yes, maybe I should take the 'Morning Star' instead, it could broaden my horizons !..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commmies.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	95816

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Dando View Post
                        Glitter is under close scrutiny as it causes pollution as it's made from micro-plastics and is highly likely to go the way of the micro-beads found in cosmetics due to the damage they do to the natural environment and, ultimately, humans.
                        Yes, I did read something about that, I recall growing up you could buy it in little plastic tubes, when I was around the age of 12 (the height of glitter pop music), we used to cover over faces with it, trying to be trendy, like the pop stars, lol.........

Comment

Yes, I did read something about that, I recall growing up you could buy it in little plastic tubes, when I was around the age of 12 (the height of glitter pop music), we used to cover over faces with it, trying to be trendy, like the pop stars, lol.........

Mark, trendy once upon a time?

Comment

Lol, yes, maybe I should take the 'Morning Star' instead, it could broaden my horizons !..........
                            It might, as long as that isn't the only thing you read, or you might get a biased viewpoint, just like with most other newspapers

Steve

Comment

Surely there must be some newspaper in the UK which aspires to responsible, professional journalism i.e. truth, impartiality, accuracy?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                                Surely there must be some newspaper in the UK which aspires to responsible, professional journalism i.e. truth, impartiality, accuracy?
                                If only there was. I’ve certainly never seen one.

The “journalists” who write for them have all sold their souls and write whatever the current owner wants. You can tell by how quickly they reverse their deeply held convictions whenever the ownership changes or whenever they change jobs and start to work for the people they used to oppose.

And they claim to have convictions behind what they write

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X