Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the last day of 2020. A year that will be well remembered, talked about for years to come. A year when the world came to a standstill. Who ever imagine or anticipated that Coronavirus was on the horizon. It all started in China around February, 2020. A few cases, then it reached Europe. Thousands became ill. Many, particularly the elderly were effected. Eventually it reached North America. Boarder between Canada and the U.S. were closed to all non essential travel. Européan countries locked their border’s to member countries.The virus also effected many younger individuals also. Many perished. The U.S. under the leadership of Donald Trump, I have to admit he did a few good things, enacted warp speed to get the drug companies to develop a vaccine. Usually it takes about two years to develop a vaccine. In less than a year, vaccines were developed in the U.K, Germany, United States and Russia. Hopefully by this time, next year, the world will be back to some normalcy, until the next virus comes along. Happy New year to all.
    Last edited by Eric7885; 5 February 2021, 02:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Happy New Year to you, too, Eric.

...... and indeed, to everyone at Britmovie!

Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 31 December 2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Fingers crossed, Happy New Year!
      Attached Files

Comment

Happy new year.

I pray corona bug is decimated, and no one has to wait too long for their injections.

Comment

Vaccines are becoming available. But, it’s going to take time to inoculate the entire world. What frightens me, some people say the will not get the vaccine. How effective will these vaccines be? Will it be a procedure like the flu vaccine. Every year it’s recommended we get our flu shot. Many don’t.
          Last edited by Eric7885; 12 January 2021, 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
            What frightens me, some people say they will not get the vaccine.
            The way I see it, the vaccine should not be compulsory in a legal sense - but... no-one who has chosen not to have it (as opposed to those for whom it is medically contra-indicated) should be at all surprised if they find that large parts of their lives (workplaces, cinemas, stadiums, schools, shopping centres) are off-limits to them without proof of being inocculated. That kind of makes it de-facto compulsory ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
              Happy new year.

I pray corona bug is decimated, and no one has to wait too long for their injections.
              I'm sure you mean eliminated. Decimating is only a reduction of 10% .

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                I'm sure you mean eliminated. Decimating is only a reduction of 10% .
                Yes, thanks for pointing it out, you learn something new every day !

I do mean eliminated (or obliterated), I hope all the stops are pulled out, and get the jabs done !.........

Comment

Originally posted by martinu View Post

The way I see it, the vaccine should not be compulsory in a legal sense - but... no-one who has chosen not to have it (as opposed to those for whom it is medically contra-indicated) should be at all surprised if they find that large parts of their lives (workplaces, cinemas, stadiums, schools, shopping centres) are off-limits to them without proof of being inocculated. That kind of makes it de-facto compulsory ;-)
                  Healthy people who stubbornly refuse the new vaccine are just prolonging this living nightmare for everyone else.

Alright, there may be side-effects in some, but I'll take my chances.

Comment

I fully agree Mark, I want to get the whole thing done and dusted and get back to some normality. Give me the vaccine.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

Yes, Happy New Year and let's pray it's better than 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

Healthy people who stubbornly refuse the new vaccine are just prolonging this living nightmare for everyone else.

Alright, there may be side-effects in some, but I'll take my chances.
                          I won't be taking any chances, no siree. Been there, done that. Got shingles exactly two years after being vaccinated. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

I won't be taking any chances, no siree. Been there, done that. Got shingles exactly two years after being vaccinated. Horrible.
                            If it was two years later, how do you know that the vaccine caused it? If it had been a few days/weeks later, there might have been some cause-and-effect. But after two years, that's stetching things a little ;-)

I've never had shingles - and I hope I never do: the symptoms sound nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by martinu View Post

If it was two years later, how do you know that the vaccine caused it? If it had been a few days/weeks later, there might have been some cause-and-effect. But after two years, that's stetching things a little ;-)

I've never had shingles - and I hope I never do: the symptoms sound nasty.
                              True, I can't know for sure that the vaccine caused it, I can only suspect it might have done, even after two years. After all, it's a virus that lies dormant in a nerve for decades after chicken pox in childhood until something triggers it to break out as shingles.
                              What I can say for sure though, is that the vaccine didn't protect me!

Comment

Working...
                              X