What did you do on New Years Eve ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do on New Years Eve ?

I remained in my home. No house gatherings, watch a couple of DVD’s . A Night to Remember and The Medusa Touch. I noticed in A Night to Remember, Honor Blackman was in the film. A few years later she was cast in one of the James Bond films, Goldfinger.
    Last edited by Eric7885; 1 January 2021, 11:30 PM. Reason: Additional information

I always remain indoors, I'm not into revelry, never was.

As I'd been at work during the day, I fell asleep, woke up and watched a couple of recordings, a couple of interesting BBC documentaries, 'New Elizabethans, and 'The sound of TV music'.

Switched over to the News at 11pm to listen to the big ben bell for end of transition period, watched Alicia Keys in Concert, then the London fireworks Click image for larger version

Name:	Piers-1378503 (2).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	96917 at midnight, not the usual massive spectacle, but a low-key celebration was enough, glad to see the wonderful Captain Tom being honoured !............

Comment

New years eve - I had to sit through 'Spectre' (2015 ?) Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
      And then orf to bed at 11pm as I was booked in to go gliding on NYD (lovely day).
      Exciting Huh

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post
        New years eve - I had to sit through 'Spectre' (2015 ?) Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
        And then orf to bed at 11pm as I was booked in to go gliding on NYD (lovely day).
        Exciting Huh
        Not much choice this year !

Usually thriving town centres were like ghost towns.

I would like to go gliding though, was it at Dunstable Downs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

I would like to go gliding though, was it at Dunstable Downs ?
          Hi Mark
          No we live up in Nicolalaland,I fly from an airfield near Kinross.
          I do know Dunstable very well though,I did a hang gliding course there in 1977ish and lived and worked down south for 50 years.
          Do you live near Dunstable ?

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post

Hi Mark
            No we live up in Nicolalaland,I fly from an airfield near Kinross.
            I do know Dunstable very well though,I did a hang gliding course there in 1977ish and lived and worked down south for 50 years.
            Do you live near Dunstable ?
            I don't (Canvey Island, Essex), but I'm familiar with the Downs, stopped there several times on my journeys, love the views and cafe !

Comment

There are 2 quite nice looking gliding sites in Essex - Ridgewell and Wormingford (both ex WW2 Airfields) although I haven't flown at either,of course they probably do not have the advantage of a hill/slope as at Dunstable.
              There is also Surrey Hills GC at Kenley,near Caterham just inside the M25,Kenley is a very famous Battle of Britain Airfield used in at least 2 films (Reach for the Sky and Angels one five ) and is a lovely site up on the hill overlooking Whyteleafe,although I think they still just operate on weekdays.I am not sure if any english clubs are doing visitor flights at the moment (I doubt it) - we certainly aren't up here,but hopefully covid will allow us back to some normality at some stage - it is extremely frustrating .

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

I don't (Canvey Island, Essex), but I'm familiar with the Downs, stopped there several times on my journeys, love the views and cafe !
                I used to go to Canvey on business. I could always find my way in but always got lost coming out !!

Comment

Did the usual - watched the Sydney Harbour fireworks on TV then went to bed. Mr. B went to bed at his usual time as always on NYE and managed to sleep through all the noise of a neighbour's illegal fireworks as always.

Comment

Shirley, like you I watch the festivities here, on the telly. Very quiet this year. In Nathan Square, where many individuals celebrate the new year was like a ghost town. Very few around. My neighbours always have a party. This year quiet. No noise from their residence.I went to bed about 12 :30 AM.
                    Last edited by Eric7885; 5 January 2021, 03:13 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Working...
                    X