Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Lesley Manville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesley Manville

Happy Birthday Lesley from a long time fan.

Happy birthday Lesley.......

Comment

Coincidently, just seen her in a film I watched at the weekend called Rupture, a small but eye catching role as a villainess interfering with Noomi Rapace in ways that are probably best not repeated. I believe it was a Canadian film but sure what drew her across the Atlantic for this.

Comment

I first saw Lesley in Mike Leigh's Grown Ups, I loved her character Mand. Brenda Blethyn as Glor was also a classic part. I would have loved to have seen Lesley on stage but as far as I am aware she only did most things in London. Another Place was also excellent. She is a great actress.

Comment

Originally posted by googiefan View Post
          I first saw Lesley in Mike Leigh's Grown Ups, I loved her character Mand. Brenda Blethyn as Glor was also a classic part. I would have loved to have seen Lesley on stage but as far as I am aware she only did most things in London. Another Place was also excellent. She is a great actress.
          She most certainly is Googiefan, she can play 'posh', and then go the other other extreme (the film with Gary Oldman, can't think of the title).

Vera Drake is one of my favourite films, where she played posh, she was also convincing as Margaret Thatcher in one of the Queen through the decades drama's.

Comment

Working...
          X