Adam Faith spied on Fidel Castro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert Quark View Post

Think about it ..are we really suppose to conclude that one man was allowed to rampantly run around hospitals for decades assaulting the sick and then going to the mortuary to have sex with the dead .. and not one single person in authority had the strength to stop him....just because they had seen him on TOTPs?

Surely even if they did not want a backlash they could have at least quietly stopped him from entering their hospitals with a suitable excuse?

You will never see this on TV again .... and the girls don't look worried just bored with his inane presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl5xMSRQA-U
    So Scotland Yard has zero credibility as far as you're concerned? Do me a favour! What rags do you read? You make it sound like he was running amok in full view of everyone all the time! He was a typical sly, snaky, insidious sleazebag paedophile. Obviously you just don't want to believe he was a paedophile at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

So Scotland Yard has zero credibility as far as you're concerned? Do me a favour! What rags do you read? You make it sound like he was running amok in full view of everyone all the time! He was a typical sly, snaky, insidious sleazebag paedophile. Obviously you just don't want to believe he was a paedophile at all.
      That's the problem all the rags are towing the same line and he was ( according to the press) not just a paedophile ..this was a man with such a voracious sexual appetite he was assaulting anybody and everything, which is quite a feat for one person who's whole career would have come crashing down with just a hint of scandal ....would you not at least consider?

..and no we were not so naïve and gullible back then to let things pass...In the 1980s two young girls made a complaint about a star actor in Coronation Street after an incident at a swimming pool.. the press tore him to pieces and his career was finished .. even though a subsequent court case found him not guilty...he later drank himself to death.
      ..and of course we all know the fate of the brilliant actor Peter Wyngarde's career after his incident ..So I all I am doing is questioning why JS was allowed free reign for so long if all this is true about him.or is it a case with the press that people believe what they want to believe?
      Last edited by Bert Quark; 28th March 2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

That's the problem all the rags are towing the same line and he was ( according to the press) not just a paedophile ..this was a man with such a voracious sexual appetite he was assaulting anybody and everything, which is quite a feat for one person who's whole career would have come crashing down with just a hint of scandal ....would you not at least consider?

..and no we were not so naïve and gullible back then to let things pass...In the 1980s two young girls made a complaint about a star actor in Coronation Street after an incident at a swimming pool.. the press tore him to pieces and his career was finished .. even though a subsequent court case found him not guilty...he later drank himself to death.
        ..and of course we all know the fate of the brilliant actor Peter Wyngarde's career after his incident ..So I all I am doing is questioning why JS was allowed free reign for so long if all this is true about him.or is it a case with the press that people believe what they want to believe?
        No, I wouldn't at least consider. Reason - there's no point. The investigation is over and done with. Why debate it now? I couldn't care less what the rags say, one way or the other. What matters is what Scotland Yard says, which is that he was a "predatory sexual offender". The mistake you're making is focusing on what the press has said and choosing to ignore completely the findings of the Scotland Yard criminal investigation. The other two cases you mention are totally beside the point.

As for being "allowed free reign for so long", had you followed the case closely enough you would have seen how that happened. There are many people who have a lot to answer for in that regard. They should be feeling dreadfully guilty and ashamed for the rest of their lives. (Wishful thinking!)

Comment

Getting back to the book about Adam Faith. I have emailed the author and he is planning to publish the book to co-incide with the musical The Show Must Go On", which is planned for next year.

Comment

I had overlooked this thread for a while, thinking it was still about Adam Faith.
            If I had known that Shirley was having to do all this work on Saville alone I would have been compelled to add to the thread in her support. I have read carefully the last few posts and am in agreement with all that she said. I can partially accept the points put forward by Steve and Bert, who remain unwilling to accept blindly the word of the Press. They are obviously mindful of the phrase "don't believe everything that you read" and such cynicism certainly has a place. But in the case of Saville, the evidence has been examined and the shocking truth has been revealed, officially and with as much attention to detail as possible - regardless of any Press reporting either way. The Official account will show that his behaviour was ignored by those around him and victims were left in no doubt that they would not be believed if they came forward.

I only have a mild and indirect anecdote regarding Saville. It concerned my sister's boyfriend, who had been in a motorcycle accident and was recovering at Stoke Mandeville Hospital from his paralysing spinal injuries. Saville came on one of his visits, while my sister and the boyfriend's sister were there. His lecherous, creepy and lewd behaviour toward the sister was a lasting impression. No-one who witnessed that would have assumed that it was the tip of an iceberg... he knew when to pull back. He knew how to pick his victims.

The Press are fickle. The journalists are... individuals trying to do a difficult job of becoming instant experts on every story that they write. They try and gather information quickly and get it into print before it goes stale. They make things up, cut corners and often add seasoning if they don't think it will be interesting enough. Those are the requirements. It can lead to all the bad reporting and yet, if they try to do it by the book then all we get is a boring newspaper that nobody buys. We complain about the Press, we hate the Press, but we love the stories and we need the Press to find them for us.

So, Adam Faith. I liked watching him in Budgie. We don't remember his singing career that much any more, as most of his biggest hits were covers of Buddy Holly and we're more likely to play the Budy Holly versions now.

Comment

Well the thread has been all about truth and questioning what is said in the media. But it seems that people are quite ready to accept a media report if it fits in with their thinking.
              I questioned the reports about JS because he was dead and could not answer back. I do recall however the great deal of good he did in his life and say the Spinal Injuries Unit at Stoke Manderville would not exist without his persistence and sweat..and his ego thought he could solve the problems in the Middle East. If you remember those times you have to question why someone who stuck his neck out for good causes (when he could have easily quietly moved to a country where he could have rampantly indulged in all his alleged sexual perversions) had the dark side being depicted and why no hard evidence has ever been presented ... a faded letter perhaps from the security services to Prince Charles etc saying 'we advise you not to associate with this man'.

As for lecherous and lewd behaviour it went with the territory of someone worshipped in the public spotlight. We forget Vivien Leigh's penchant for grabbing taxi drivers and builders in for a shag, we still love Frankie Howerd despite young males warned not go alone into his dressing room or bend over in his presence as he was 'like a frustrated dog'. Our parents knew all the half truths and truths about 'the stars' and warned us if we ever had the chance to meet them.

So why not question the conundrum that is Jimmy Savile - man who appeared to have no friends or partners and a so so presenter who is apparently (according to the media) protected by the establishment in some vast cover up, dedicated his life to good causes -but remains the UK's most hated man..not even the Kray Twins can compete with the hate felt for Jimmy Savile... a puzzle indeed
              Last edited by Bert Quark; 29th March 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake, GET OVER IT!

Comment

Here's a toe-tapper.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                    Oh for heaven's sake, GET OVER IT!
                    Yes you prove it's a puzzle indeed.
                    but forgetting JS what about Cliff Richard then, if he had been dead?

Comment

but forgetting JS what about Cliff Richard then, if he had been dead?
                      Don't believe everything that you read in the newspapers
                      Or that you see on TV

Steve

Comment

My favourite from Adam Faith.

Laid on my back with the sun in my eyes;
                        Soon I shall know what no living men know.
                        All of my life’s been a fight against lies,
                        Death brings the truth, and it’s my turn to go.

Chorus (after each verse):
                        Send my mother a lock of my hair,
                        Send my father the watch that he gave me.
                        Tell my brother to follow me if he dare,
                        Tell them I’m lost now and no-one can save me.
                        Remember, remember,
                        Send my love little yellow roses.

My father taught me that all men are equal,
                        Whatever colour, religion or land;
                        Told me to fight for the things I believed in
                        That's what I did—with a gun in my hand.

I met my love in a garden of roses,
                        She pricked her finger, so sharp the thorn grows.
                        We made a promise that ‘til death should part us
                        We’d never look on that wild yellow rose.

Written by Trevor Peacocke.... "Around 56 years ago I was involved writing scripts, and then some songs for BBC TV. The pop world was in its infancy, and I wrote for, amongst others, Joe Brown, The Vernon Girls, Jess Conrad, and Adam Faith. I seem to remember writing Little Yellow Roses for a B side for Adam in about 1962. I wrote the tune and the lyrics, and John Barry did that particular arrangement, as I worked with him a lot. I hadn't heard the song for half a century until your letter arrived. I don't remember writing it for the Spanish Civil War specifically—it was a song for all freedom fighters really." (Quoted in "Mainly Norfolk: English Folk and Other Good Music.)

Comment

This might be a thread that would benefit from a separation, if any moderator has the energy to do it. Adam Faith deserves his own thread, where happy memories and material can be shared.
                          Press intrusion and the legitimate pursuit of truth, the exposure of a public figure or the collusion in protecting an offender are all worthy topics for debate and examination, but perhaps they need a separate thread with a relevant title... like "Who to trust: Celebs or coppers?", or maybe "Press Muck-Raking Vs Rose-Tinted Glasses", or perhaps "Three Public Inquiries are not enough to persuade me"

Comment

Adam Faith- not an exceptional singer or actor but deserves admiration for making the best with what he had and adapting to anything life threw at him including a horrific car crash in 1972 where it was indeed touch and go.

Comment

Working...
                            X