Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russel Napier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Russel Napier

    I have just put away the last disc from the 'Scotland Yard' box set introduced by Edgar Lustgarten. I loved the regular appearances by Russel Napier as Chief Superintendent Duggan, he had that role completely nailed. There is scanty information on IMDb and I am hoping someone could fill in a little more detail about him. Small B movies, I know, but I like them for many reasons. Spotting future 'names' and wondering which police car would he turn up in just a couple.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bernardo View Post
    I am hoping someone could fill in a little more detail about him.
    You can fill it in if you know it. That's the joy of the IMDb (even without the forum pages)

    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      A very potted biography of Russell:

      Russell was born in Perth, Australia and spent some years living in New Zealand before coming to Britain in 1935. He was originally a lawyer by profession. Russell married Lois Mary Caird Miller in Scotland in 1938. Lois was born in Edinburgh in 1914, the daughter of a clergyman. She was a stage actress in the mid-1930s and met Russell when they appeared together in a production of the play Murder in the Cathedral. They had two daughters born in the 1940s.

      Russell was a great cricket fan and at one time captained the Stage Cricket Club team. He lived with his family in Surbiton, Surrey where he died in 1974. Lois died at Rotherham in 1988.


      E.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bernardo View Post
        I have just put away the last disc from the 'Scotland Yard' box set introduced by Edgar Lustgarten. I loved the regular appearances by Russel Napier as Chief Superintendent Duggan, he had that role completely nailed. There is scanty information on IMDb and I am hoping someone could fill in a little more detail about him. Small B movies, I know, but I like them for many reasons. Spotting future 'names' and wondering which police car would he turn up in just a couple.
        I'm currently enjoying this series & Russell Napier is excellent as is the other Aussie Police Inspector, John Warwick!

        Comment


        • #5
          Lot of Aussie actors around at that time often playing cops e.g. Lloyd Lamble, Ray Barrett, Vincent Ball to name just 3

          Comment


          • #6
            Bill Kerr who played the Sergeant of the IPO mob in the very funny Wrong Arm Of The Law

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by orpheum View Post
              Bill Kerr who played the Sergeant of the IPO mob in the very funny Wrong Arm Of The Law
              With Ed Devereaux and Reg Lye as his oppos.

              Comment

              Working...
              X