Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Jenny Agutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenny Agutter

Jenny Agutter born Dec 20th 1952.

As my name suggests I'm Jenny Agutter's biggest fan, and I have the restraining orders from her lawyers to prove it!

Her career: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000256/

Her official website: http://www.jennyagutter.net/

For news check her Facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/4JennyAgutter/

For younger viewers who might not know of her, you'll know her from Captain America: The Winter Soldier as World Council Member (see picture) and as Sister Julienne in Call The Midwife.

Last edited by agutterfan; 28th July 2017, 01:55 PM.

Jenny - simply gorgeous. A, or rather THE, National Treasure beyond all others. Seems appropriate to post today of all days.

Comment

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. By the way, isn't your name taken from The Snow Goose?

Yes, it is. Still the best hour of drama I've ever seen on television.

Comment

As well as a great actress, she is a lovely woman in real life also. A lady indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Rhayader View Post
        Yes, it is. Still the best hour of drama I've ever seen on television.
        Great album by Camel!

Comment

Jenny on TV this weekend. For those who don't have these on DVD (shame on you) two of her best of British films on Saturday 8th. The Railway Children (1970) on ITV3 at 9.35am, probably the best family film ever made, then one of the best horror movies ever made, the darkly comic An American Werewolf in London (1981) on Film4 at 11:15pm. If you've not seen it before, highlights include Rick Baker's Oscar winning prosthetic make-up (still impressive today), a soundtrack entirely composed of songs about moons, a brilliantly scary dream sequence, and Miss Agutter in a white nurse's uniform (now that's what the NHS needs today) *sigh*
          Last edited by agutterfan; 4th April 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
            ...and Miss Agutter in a white nurse's uniform

...and without it.

Comment

Jenny can be seen this Saturday in the Midsomer Murders tale "The Creeper" (ITV3 9pm-11pm).

Comment

As my name suggests I'm Jenny Agutter's biggest fan, and I have the restraining orders from her lawyers to prove it!
                I know someone who might challenge you on that claim! Remember Fellwanderer on the old site? Utterly devoted, and the webmaster of her official site.

Comment

Jenny's erotic spaghetti western China 9, Liberty 37 (1978) is on TCM Thursday 20th @ 11.25pm. It would appear to be the uncut version too.

Comment

The Riddle of the Sands is being shown on Film4 next Monday 22nd @ 4.35pm. Superb cinematography by Christopher Challis, a wonderful music score by Howard Blake and Jenny looks absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

I think so too Agutterfan. Riddle of the Sands is an extremely underrated work of art on film really. Christopher Challis earlier photographed On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the sand dunes in the pre-credit title sequence never looked better

Comment

and Jenny looks absolutely gorgeous.
                        Has she ever looked anything but???

Comment

The lovely Jenny can be seen in The Inspector Lynley Mysteries episode "A Cry For Justice" on the Freeview channel Drama Monday 31st July 10.20pm.

Last edited by agutterfan; 28th July 2017, 02:27 PM. Reason: Found a piccie!

Comment

I like Jenny also, I recently watched the railway children, properly, for the very first time, partly because I went on holiday to Halifax recently, and the railway, plus Haworth, were on the agenda.

At Oakworth station I soaked up the atmosphere of it all ("Daddy, my Daddy........"), plus there was a plaque commemorating the filming there.

Another series of Jenny's I enjoyed was 'And the beat goes on', which was set circa 1960. though unfortunately it has never been repeated since the original transmission.

Comment

Working...
                            X