Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

and introducing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Town Story (1953):

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-11-19h55m29s795.png
Views:	1
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	8058

And thereafter, Kent promptly went off, no doubt having a good week until next week, and not bothering with acting roles proper again.

Comment

Is this the Kent Walton I remember Gerald, of ITV wrestling fame?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
        Is this the Kent Walton I remember Gerald, of ITV wrestling fame?
        It is indeed, Rick, though it's football he's into in the film!

Comment

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-17-20h23m21s575.png
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	8316

Slightly different wording for this film released in 1948, but same old story as Christine was in notable roles in films released the year before. And I'm struggling to find any she made for MGM British.

Comment

Wasn't Virginia North acting in "Deadlier Than The Male" (1966), then introduced in "OHMSS" (1969), then again in "Abominable Dr Phibes" (1971)??

Comment

From Demobbed (1944), but this pair had been in films since the 1920s/30s:

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-20-19h56m46s817.png
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	8473

Comment

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-08-22-21h34m15s350.png
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	17986

Mark may have got a bit cut up about this in The Haunted House of Horror, because six years earlier he was the lead in Just for Fun (1963).

Comment

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-08-28-12h34m23s495.png
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	23393

Who are the children who go Hand in Hand in 1960. It does seem to be Philip's first film at least.

Comment

Good ones.

Hand in Hand was a lovely film.

darrenburnfan gave some interesting information about the fate of Philip Needs on the old forum

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/ci...eeds-1950-2016

Comment

I hope I don't get my knuckles rapped here but I thought Roddy McDowell was "introduced" in How Green Was My Valley, but the credits say ".....and Master Roddy McDowell" (plays the young boy). At least he's separated out. Is this his first film? Also notable for seeing Donald Crisp, who was a stalwart of the silent era and made movies like Broken Blossoms with D.W. Griffith. Sadly, the film has become very dated, despite being centred on a timeless kind of subject. Mainly due to the ill-treatment of the boy and the heavily "churchy" family, neither of which we see much any more. Otherwise nice, atmospheric and homely movie, but doesn't live up to the grand title. I never rated McDowell as an actor, and he was poor in this as the child, but we've all got to start somewhere.

Comment

Anybody seen the trailers for Logan Lucky and who it is "introducing"?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Foozle View Post
                          I hope I don't get my knuckles rapped here but I thought Roddy McDowell was "introduced" in How Green Was My Valley, but the credits say ".....and Master Roddy McDowell" (plays the young boy). At least he's separated out. Is this his first film? Also notable for seeing Donald Crisp, who was a stalwart of the silent era and made movies like Broken Blossoms with D.W. Griffith. Sadly, the film has become very dated, despite being centred on a timeless kind of subject. Mainly due to the ill-treatment of the boy and the heavily "churchy" family, neither of which we see much any more. Otherwise nice, atmospheric and homely movie, but doesn't live up to the grand title. I never rated McDowell as an actor, and he was poor in this as the child, but we've all got to start somewhere.
                          Roddy McDowall's first American film may have been How Green Was My Valley, but I've seen him in George Formby and Will Hay films made here about three or four years earlier.

Comment

Ronald Howard doesn't even get a "starring" in Bomb in the High Street (1963) and he has to share his card too:

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-24-16h41m58s401.png
Size:	586.1 KB
ID:	38837

And as usual, the C.V.s for both Terry and Suzanna started a few years before this film.

Comment

If you can't post the truth, post the Legend of the Werewolf (1975):

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-10-07-14h26m50s920.png
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	39593

Though in this case, it does seems that this was David Rintoul's first film.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-03-21h30m26s848.png Views:	1 Size:	542.8 KB ID:	42622

Up Jumped a Swagman (1965) and no again, not Suzy's first film, although it was Frank Ifield's . . . and his last. So he could've got an "introducing" credit and an "exiting" one too.

Comment

Working...
                                X