Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Louise Purnell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louise Purnell

I just watched "Three Sisters" 1970 on TV. A splendid production with a fabulous cast. Among them was Louise Purnell who I am not familiar with at all.
    There is scant information of her on imdb & she seems to have ceased acting on stage or screen & TV around 1979.
    She reminded me very much of Jane Merrow physically.
    Has anyone got more information about her?

The name was familiar, so I looked her up and found that she played Janet Orgreave in Clayhanger in the 1970s. As you say, there isn't a lot of information.

Comment

She was also in a 1973 tv movie of a National Theatre production of The Merchant of Venice with Laurence Olivier and Joan Plowright.

Comment

bertie, she was around 37 when she appeared to stop acting so my guess is she just got married and started a family and that took precedence. Very attractive actress whom I remember admiring way back then.

Comment

The BMD records show that a Louise S.Purnell married a Mr Robertson at Fulham in the last quarter of 1974, so as you say Cully, likely to have given up the profession in the late seventies to start a family.

Comment

Working...
          X