Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dandy Nichols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by googiefan View Post
    Hi thanks again for the street info. I’ve looked on find a grave and it says unknown, I’ve also looked on the Golders Green famous internment section and she isn’t there. I found Susan shaw at Golders Freen after looking for her. She is on the list as is Yootha Joyce and Beryl Reid.
    She could have had her ashes scattered somewhere, or buried in her garden. She could even have left her body to science.

    Comment


    • #17
      Possibly the only one who would know is Una Stubbs who I think is the only surviving original cast member pf Till Death Do Us Part.

      Comment


      • #18
        I wrote to Una enclosing a stamped addressed envelope but got no reply which I was very disappointed with and a little surprised to be honest. I thought she would be helpful.

        Comment


        • #19
          Surely she had nieces and nephews. Maybe her agent would know? How will I find this out?

          Comment


          • #20
            An idea might be to send for a copy of Dandy's will. It costs about £10. Sometimes people stipulate in their will how they want their remains disposed of. Even if Dandy didn't do that, her will may contain other useful information.


            E.

            Comment


            • #21
              That’s a great idea euryale, where do I send the £10 to and will it be under Dandy Nichols, Daisy Waters or Daisy Sander?

              Comment


              • #22
                Okay. This is where I find it all a little too much. There are people who enjoy fame and people who crave fame. Then there are people who enjoy a good working life and prefer to keep their private life out of the papers. I think if people have spent a lifetime sharing everything with the world then they probably would like to think that "fans" are still interested after they've gone, but... those who prefer privacy, should be afforded that even after they've gone.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by googiefan View Post
                  That’s a great idea euryale, where do I send the £10 to and will it be under Dandy Nichols, Daisy Waters or Daisy Sander?
                  It is under Daisy Waters. Go to the website here:

                  http://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

                  Click on 'start now'. On the next page click on heading 1858-1996 and enter Waters and 1986 below. On the next page you will see Dandy's will listed. On the right-side bar enter dates of probate and death - 14th May and 6th Feb. 1986 respectively. The registry is London and there is no folio number. You then proceed to check-out. You will need to register with the website too. I only had a quick glance but it looks like after a few days they give you access to the will you've chosen for about 30 days.

                  Good luck if you decide to try!


                  E.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks Euryale very much appreciated.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hi StoneAgeMan, I am sorry you feel I am being intrusive but Dandy is one of many stars who are forgotten by most. I would like to think she would be glad someone still remembers her and wants to know more about her. I would have written to her via her agent in hindsight. Alas I was only in my early 20s when she died. In respect of wanting to know where her grave is I would like to take some flowers as I have with a couple of other actresses and intend to do for queenie Watts. To show I remember them and thank them for the pleasure they gave me.

                      Comment


                      • StoneAgeMan
                        StoneAgeMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's fair enough. That sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and comes from love and respect.

                    • #26
                      Originally posted by googiefan View Post
                      Hi StoneAgeMan, I am sorry you feel I am being intrusive but Dandy is one of many stars who are forgotten by most. I would like to think she would be glad someone still remembers her and wants to know more about her. I would have written to her via her agent in hindsight. Alas I was only in my early 20s when she died. In respect of wanting to know where her grave is I would like to take some flowers as I have with a couple of other actresses and intend to do for queenie Watts. To show I remember them and thank them for the pleasure they gave me.
                      I think it is a nice thought to take flowers to her grave. I liked Dandy Nichols, she always put in a great performance in whatever she did, and also like Queenie Watts too, we love Yus My Dear, we have watched it over and over again and still laugh at it. Also like Romany Jones too.

                      Comment


                      • #27
                        Hi jch thanks for the message, glad you like them too. I really think the actresses of the time are very under rated. I have thought many times about doing a website of some of them. The first ones I would put on are, Dandy, Googie Withers, Queenie, Gladys Henson, Susan Shaw and Irene Handl. I am no techie so wouldn’t know where to start. I would pay a reasonable price for someone to build and update it for me. I’ve looked at sites and people to do it but don’t know what to ask for. I also love Hylda Baker, there is a good website about her.

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          I love Irene Handl, she was brilliant. For The Love Of Ada is my all time favourite sitcom. I also like Hylda Baker.

                          Comment


                          • #29
                            Originally posted by jch View Post
                            I love Irene Handl, she was brilliant. For The Love Of Ada is my all time favourite sitcom. I also like Hylda Baker.
                            JCH,
                            Was looking at this on the Network web site yesterday.
                            All 4 TV series and the Christmas special included for a tenner!
                            Great pairing with the legendary Wilfrid Pickles and the hugely likeable Irene Handl.


                            Comment


                            • #30
                              Originally posted by Edward G View Post

                              JCH,
                              Was looking at this on the Network web site yesterday.
                              All 4 TV series and the Christmas special included for a tenner!
                              Great pairing with the legendary Wilfrid Pickles and the hugely likeable Irene Handl.

                              Thanks Edward,that is a bargain, however I have got them all on the original individual dvd's.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X