Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Mystery leading man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery leading man

I saw a b/w film on TV years ago from the 1940's I think. A British period film set in Victorian times with a young leading man who

I don't recall seeing in anything else. He looked very much like a young Olivier but more handsome. The name Richard Noble keeps popping up in my head but no such

actor appears on imdb. He played an Englishman but he could have been a colonial actor. Of course I could've imagined the whole thing!

Shaun Noble

Comment

Thanks jamal. That's the guy!

I wonder what happened to his acting career?
      Last edited by wadsy; 21st October 2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Seems to have fallen on hard times in the 50s if you google his real name, John James Shercliffe

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post
          Seems to have fallen on hard times in the 50s if you google his real name, John James Shercliffe
          Thanks Wearysloth, I just read about his being declared bankrupt in 1956. No explanation for his acting career faltering though & he lived to a good age.

I would've thought with his looks & bearing he would have been a popular leading man! A mystery!

Comment

You're right, wadsy, he does look a little like Olivier. I can see a slight resemblance to Victor Mature as well in that photo.
            I'm curious now to know what became of him.
            Wonder if this other Shaun Noble is related.....

Shaun Noble: Creative executive in Los Angeles, California. Stage 32 creative profile. Learn more about Shaun Noble * film industry news jobs * social netwo...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
              You're right, wadsy, he does look a little like Olivier. I can see a slight resemblance to Victor Mature as well in that photo.
              I'm curious now to know what became of him.
              Wonder if this other Shaun Noble is related.....
              Not much of a resemblance there Shirl!

Comment

Working...
              X