Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Child Actors Late 1950's to Early 1960s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Actors Late 1950's to Early 1960s

I'm currently researching a couple of films from 1959 which both feature a number children from different Stage Schools/Agencies (with the help of Phily) - to find out who they are I'm cross-referencing with their other work and I am growing amazed at the number of films being made around then and am drowning in images.

For starters - from 'Violent Playground'

'Hand in Hand'

Comment

The chubby faced girl top right in 'Hand in Hand' I think is Janet Ayres

Comment

I was thinking Doreen Heath - with the fringe.

Comment

As far as I know, ‘Hand in Hand’ was filmed in the summer of 1960 as ‘The Star and The Cross’, but for some reason wasn’t released in Great Britain until 1963.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenburnfan View Post
            As far as I know, ‘Hand in Hand’ was filmed in the summer of 1960 as ‘The Star and The Cross’, but for some reason wasn’t released in Great Britain until 1963.
            Production started April 1960, the name had been changed to 'Hand in Hand' by July - "The Star and the Cross" was also the working title for another film in pre-production at the time, 'a story of modern Israel' from Star-Cross Productions - they were a US company who had already belly-ached about other productions with similar titles; 'The Sword and the Cross' and "The Trial and the Cross.'
            Last edited by Anthony McKay; 29th October 2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

It was featured in the August, 1960, issue of ABC Film Review as ‘The Star and The Cross’ on the Elstree Call Sheet page. It was featured again in a 1963 issue as ‘Hand in Hand’ when released as the support to ‘The Punch and Judy Man’, although ‘Hand in Hand’ was clearly the better film of the two.

Comment

Working...
              X