Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Colin Gordon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Gordon

Colin doesn't seem to have a thread of his own on this forum, so I thought I'd open one for him in the hope of uncovering some more telephonic adventures for him. In fact, a screencap similar to this was posted by Captain Waggett on Colin's thread on the old forum, but the image has been lost to the accountants at Photobucket:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-28-20h38m26s185.png
Views:	1
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	48744

Colin can't even wait to get dressed before he sets to work on this one. From The Third Visitor (1950).

"Don't call me Temp, Mannering." One of my favourite No.2s from The Prisoner. Makes drinking milk positively sinister!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
      Colin doesn't seem to have a thread of his own on this forum, so I thought I'd open one for him

"Thank you indeed, Gerald. And Happy St. Andrew's Day!"

Comment

Brilliant actor. superb in so many productions. One of my favourites was his hilarious performance in the "Steptoe & Son" episode "Live Now P.A.Y.E later"!

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
          Brilliant actor. superb in so many productions. One of my favourites was his hilarious performance in the "Steptoe & Son" episode "Live Now P.A.Y.E later"!
          I always recall him in a very funny Hancock episode when they were trapped in a lift.

Comment

Colin in early fine form doing his favourite thing in Helter Skelter (1949):

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2018-10-09-21h53m16s807.png Views:	1 Size:	305.4 KB ID:	62826

I had much joy looking back through Colin's thread on the old forum to check if this one had come up before. He plays a BBC radio producer with the marvellous name of Chadbeater Longwick.
            Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 9th October 2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

''Chadbeater Longwick''..... I'm not likely to forget this! I wonder who the wag was who came up with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                ''Chadbeater Longwick''..... I'm not likely to forget this! I wonder who the wag was who came up with it!
                I suppose that beating your chad is OK as long as you do it in private and have some tissues ready :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                  The screenplay was by Patrick Campbell:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Patrick_Campbell00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	62835

Best known (at least to me) as a witty stuttering team captain on CALL MY BLUFF.

Comment

Working...
                  X