Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Can anyone identify this actor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can anyone identify this actor?

    Good evening... can anyone identify this actor please? The photo on the left was posted on our Gibraltar Old Photos FB group by a past crew member of our old famous Gibraltar / Tangier ferry, the M/V Mons Calpe. The chap on the right is supposed to be a 'well known actor'... but no one can identify him! lol The annoying thing is I think I recognise the guy... just can't place a name or film or TV series to him! So I am hoping you guys can put us out of our misery... many thanks in advance!

  • #2
    What year is the picture from? He looks to have a 60s style haircut, but the two officers (real people?) have 70s sideburns and moustache.

    Comment


    • #3
      A possible - he was filming TV pilots around the med. in the late 50s
      .Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	54737

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
        What year is the picture from? He looks to have a 60s style haircut, but the two officers (real people?) have 70s sideburns and moustache.
        Hi, sorry I should have said, the photo is indeed from the mid 1970's. The officers are ferry crew members and yes, real people...and the chap we are trying to ID was apparently a British actor. Thanks for your replies. I hope that helps! (Y)
        Last edited by Cybernest; 8th March 2018, 01:23 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Patrick Allen?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cybernest View Post
            Good evening... can anyone identify this actor please? The photo on the left was posted on our Gibraltar Old Photos FB group by a past crew member of our old famous Gibraltar / Tangier ferry, the M/V Mons Calpe. The chap on the right is supposed to be a 'well known actor'... but no one can identify him! lol The annoying thing is I think I recognise the guy... just can't place a name or film or TV series to him! So I am hoping you guys can put us out of our misery... many thanks in advance!
            Could it be Ian McCulloch?

            Comment


            • #7
              Ian McCulloch with David McCallum in Colditz (1972-1974)...and Survivors (1975-1977) Could it be? Ears, forehead and hairline aren't convincing me...
              Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 8th March 2018, 08:22 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cybernest View Post

                Hi, sorry I should have said, the photo is indeed from the mid 1970's. The officers are ferry crew members and yes, real people...and the chap we are trying to ID was apparently a British actor. Thanks for your replies. I hope that helps! (Y)
                The guy in the middle is Richard Osman, surely.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Big Figure View Post

                  The guy in the middle is Richard Osman, surely.
                  Haha... I don' think so Mr Big... not unless Richard Osman (born 28 November 1970) was conducting his 2nd officer duties from his pram! lol

                  May thanks for your suggestions. I'm afraid I don't think we managed to identify this chap yet... sorry. But please keep them coming... Many thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Any more suggestions please??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Have you completely ruled out Ian McCulloch? I have been looking at photos of him in Google Images and I think Wadsy could be right.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd say he was to old for McCulloch. He reminds me of Anthony Steel.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                          Have you completely ruled out Ian McCulloch? I have been looking at photos of him in Google Images and I think Wadsy could be right.
                          Thank you Ms Brahns (I've always wanted to say that! ) but I'm afraid I don't think it's Ian McCulloch. Not the right shaped face... hair not the same either. Our man has a much squarer bone structure.

                          Tigon... It's not Anthony Steel either. In the 70's he would have been in his mid 50's. Our man is much younger than that... but I do appreciate your suggestions. Please keep 'em coming... Thanks!


                          Last edited by Cybernest; 10th March 2018, 09:54 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ron Randell ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, he looks like Ian McCulloch to me. Saw him play a nasty villain in an episode of Bergerac. Slight East African/South African inflection although there is no sign of him living there ever.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X