Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Can anyone identify this actor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this actor?

Good evening... can anyone identify this actor please? The photo on the left was posted on our Gibraltar Old Photos FB group by a past crew member of our old famous Gibraltar / Tangier ferry, the M/V Mons Calpe. The chap on the right is supposed to be a 'well known actor'... but no one can identify him! lol The annoying thing is I think I recognise the guy... just can't place a name or film or TV series to him! So I am hoping you guys can put us out of our misery... many thanks in advance!

What year is the picture from? He looks to have a 60s style haircut, but the two officers (real people?) have 70s sideburns and moustache.

Comment

A possible - he was filming TV pilots around the med. in the late 50s
      .Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	54737

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
        What year is the picture from? He looks to have a 60s style haircut, but the two officers (real people?) have 70s sideburns and moustache.
        Hi, sorry I should have said, the photo is indeed from the mid 1970's. The officers are ferry crew members and yes, real people...and the chap we are trying to ID was apparently a British actor. Thanks for your replies. I hope that helps! (Y)
        Last edited by Cybernest; 8th March 2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Patrick Allen?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybernest View Post
            Good evening... can anyone identify this actor please? The photo on the left was posted on our Gibraltar Old Photos FB group by a past crew member of our old famous Gibraltar / Tangier ferry, the M/V Mons Calpe. The chap on the right is supposed to be a 'well known actor'... but no one can identify him! lol The annoying thing is I think I recognise the guy... just can't place a name or film or TV series to him! So I am hoping you guys can put us out of our misery... many thanks in advance!
            Could it be Ian McCulloch?

Comment

Ian McCulloch with David McCallum in Colditz (1972-1974)...and Survivors (1975-1977) Could it be? Ears, forehead and hairline aren't convincing me...
              Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 8th March 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybernest View Post

Hi, sorry I should have said, the photo is indeed from the mid 1970's. The officers are ferry crew members and yes, real people...and the chap we are trying to ID was apparently a British actor. Thanks for your replies. I hope that helps! (Y)
                The guy in the middle is Richard Osman, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Figure View Post

The guy in the middle is Richard Osman, surely.
                  Haha... I don' think so Mr Big... not unless Richard Osman (born 28 November 1970) was conducting his 2nd officer duties from his pram! lol

May thanks for your suggestions. I'm afraid I don't think we managed to identify this chap yet... sorry. But please keep them coming... Many thanks!

Comment

Any more suggestions please??

Comment

Have you completely ruled out Ian McCulloch? I have been looking at photos of him in Google Images and I think Wadsy could be right.

Comment

I'd say he was to old for McCulloch. He reminds me of Anthony Steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                          Have you completely ruled out Ian McCulloch? I have been looking at photos of him in Google Images and I think Wadsy could be right.
                          Thank you Ms Brahns (I've always wanted to say that! ) but I'm afraid I don't think it's Ian McCulloch. Not the right shaped face... hair not the same either. Our man has a much squarer bone structure.

Tigon... It's not Anthony Steel either. In the 70's he would have been in his mid 50's. Our man is much younger than that... but I do appreciate your suggestions. Please keep 'em coming... Thanks!

Last edited by Cybernest; 10th March 2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Ron Randell ?

Comment

Well, he looks like Ian McCulloch to me. Saw him play a nasty villain in an episode of Bergerac. Slight East African/South African inflection although there is no sign of him living there ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X