X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
    Clare Sutcliffe

Clare in Country Matters episode The Sullens Sisters

Clare was asked about on the old forum long ago but I could never find anything about her - until now.

Equity magazine for spring 2019 reports Clare's death in their 'in memoriam' column. This website tells us something of her history after her acting career closed:

http://www.studiopottery.co.uk/profi...fe_(1943-2018)

Clare took up pottery-making and had a studio at Horsham, West Sussex. It says that she was born in 1943 and died just before Xmas, 2018. There is a probate record for a Clare Sutcliffe with date of death given as 24th Dec. 2018, but I don't know if that is 'our' Clare.

Clare remained resident at Horsham in recent years. I still don't know where she was born or if 'Clare Sutcliffe' was her original name. I can see no-one called that in the birth records for 1943.

E.
    I've not much more to add Eury. I can confirm her dates of birth and death though.
    Clare was born on August 5th 1943 and passed away as you said on Christmas Eve 2018
    At the time of her death, she resided in the pretty village of Nutbourne, just outside of Horsham in West Sussex.
    Like you Eury I could find no record of her on the ancestry websites or BMD. My research turned up no other names for her and she seems to have been unmarried.
    Perhaps you can trace Clare from the date of birth?

Comment

What ever became of UK actress Lynne Sue Moon?
      born Islington, London 1949. She would be around 70yrs old if still alive.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600642/bio

She appeared was in the following movies, - 55 days at Peking (1963), 13 Frightened girls (1963), Marco the Magnificent (1965), and To Sir, with Love (1967)
      There's also a author from the USA also keen to know as he is putting together a book about the films made by producer Samuel Bronston.

She dropped out of the 'Spotlight' casting directory around 1968.

Here's the last rather obscure newspaper appearance I can find online in 1966-67.

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Stage Dec 15 1966.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	746.5 KB ID:	79093
      I believe this photo of Lynne with Charlton Heston was taken at the Dorchester Hotel?, London in 1963.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-13.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	79096
      Last edited by Christine; 17th October 2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what became of the teenage actors from Michael Winner's The Nightcomers (1972)?
        Verna Harvey was about 19 when the film was made in early 1971 and Christopher Ellis would have been about 13.
        Verna is listed as a producer on Imdb from a production from the early 90's, but I don't know if it's the same lady, as there is a long gap between this and her previous work in 1977.

Comment

Does anyone know what became of the actress Beau Daniels ?

According to IMDb, her last screen role was in the mid eighties in an episode of Miss Marple. No further details about her (date of birth, place of birth etc)

Comment

Lynne Sue Moon

Lynne was born in Islington and the date I have is 13th July 1949 - from shipping records, when she travelled to the States in 1962 to visit Columbia Pictures in Hollywood.

A contributor at ancestry.com has drawn up Lynne's family tree. No details are given for Lynne herself as you are not supposed to do so with living persons. Her parents were Sue Dut Moon (1895-1972) and Mary Alice Popplewell. Mary died in London in 2008, aged 99. Attached to the family tree is a photo of Mary and Lynne, probably taken not long before Mary died. It's a nice picture and Lynne looks great. A commenter on the family trees says that they met up with Lynne about six years ago and that she gave them some family photos.

So we do know that Lynne has been around in the last ten years or so. I don't know her current wherebouts but she does have an older brother, Raymond, who I think lives in London.

E.

Comment

• Christine
              Christine commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Euryale,

I've been corresponding with an film historian (an academic who wishes to make contact) from California USA with regards to this former UK actress. And since my 1st post here I have since found she may have a daughter living up in Sheffield.

From residing downunder, I found the 'Popplewell' name of her mother via the BMD free search site, and then reasoned she may have siblings born +/- either side of her birth year 1949 and found her brother Raymond. Did not know about her mother passing away in 2008! I went on the wrong track with her mother. I concluded that her mother died in 1968! and suspected this was the reason why Lynne dropped acting.

I am certain Lynne is still amongst us and seems to reside in an apartment tower (in the UK you call them 'Flats') besides the Thames, in South West London.
              I have left it to my US contact to reach out to her via her family as he has the appropriate credentials to do so.

It would be nice to see an accredited journalist/writer to do a short human interest story about Lynne and why she dropped out of acting should she wish to be interviewed.

Christine
              Last edited by Christine; 4th November 2019, 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
            Does anyone know what became of the teenage actors from Michael Winner's The Nightcomers (1972)?
            Verna Harvey was about 19 when the film was made in early 1971 and Christopher Ellis would have been about 13.
            Verna is listed as a producer on Imdb from a production from the early 90's, but I don't know if it's the same lady, as there is a long gap between this and her previous work in 1977.
            Verna now lives in California and continued to work in the film/television industry. Some details here:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vernaharvey

She is married to screenwriter Bryan Gindoff. Verna is on facebook as Verna Harvey Gindoff. She made a comment on there some time back which suggests she wasn't terribly impressed with The Nightcomers!

Verna has a son, Ben, with the British folk musician Roy Harper. In fact, she is a grandmother now!

As to Chris Ellis, I have no clue. All I know is that he was born around 1956 and was living in Barnet in the 1970s.

E.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke 1972 View Post
              Does anyone know what became of the actress Beau Daniels ?

According to IMDb, her last screen role was in the mid eighties in an episode of Miss Marple. No further details about her (date of birth, place of birth etc)

Beau is a bit of a mystery but I think I've found her, based on a strong balance of probabilities.

I believe that she was born as Phyllis Greta Daniells in Kingston-upon-Thames on 12th May 1922. As far as I can see, Beau Daniells made her stage debut in 1947. In 1950, she was appearing at the Priory Theatre, Whitley Bay. In the Tynemouth marriage records for 1950 we find Beau P. G. Daniells marrying John Esilman. The Tynemouth registration area includes Whitley Bay. That convinces me that Phyllis and Beau are one and the same person. Why she chose that name I don't know, but it seems to have been included in all her records thereafter. I don't know anything about John Esilman, but the marriage didn't last as he re-married in 1958. Beau married again (as Beau P. G. Esilman) in 1987 to Peter Pulverman. I think he must be the pianist of that name who is mentioned in The Stage newspaper a few times. Peter died in 1998.

Beau Phyllis Greta Pulverman (name given on probate record) died in Surrey on 19th Oct. 1999.

I'm pretty certain that is who Beau was (I've put it into the imdb, anyway! )

E.

Comment

Mark O asked about Ann Lynn a while ago, does anyone know where she is now?

Comment

Cathryn Harrison 1959-2018

Cathryn in The Witches of Pendle, 1976

The spring 2019 edition of Equity magazine reported the death of a Cathryn Harrison. I thought it can't possibly be the well-known actress of that name - the daughter of Noel Harrison, and granddaughter of Rex Harrison.

But it is her - Cathryn's death was registered towards the end of last year in Plymouth, Devon under her married name of Laing.

I'm sorry about her passing, she was a talented and attractive actress.

Cathryn's filmography;

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0365518/...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

E.

Comment

• agutterfan
                    agutterfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very sad news, liked her very much in "The Dresser" and "Love on a Branch Line". Will you update her IMDb page Euryale? The issue in question: https://www.equity.org.uk/media/3061...pring-2019.pdf
                    Last edited by agutterfan; 8th November 2019, 08:02 PM.

• Euryale
                    Euryale commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She was indeed very beautiful, Wadsy!

• Euryale
                    Euryale commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have submitted it to imdb, agutterfan, but of course it may take a few days to appear. I don't know the precise date as I could find no probate record.
                Working...
                X