Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Kathleen Harrison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Harrison

just wanted to start a thread here for Kathleen. I know she had one on the old forum.

Love Kathleen Harrison. One of my favourite films is Home And Away alongside Jack Warner, where they think they have won the football pools. She was brilliant in every film she did. Also liked her as Mrs Thursday.

Comment

Yes she was great. She really was a great actress. She lived to be quite old. apparently she was a very nice person too.

Comment

Kathleen Harrison is one of my favourite British stars, and amazingly she died aged 103 in 1995 (born 1892). I've recently seen her in the Huggett series of movies plus one of my favourite roles as Leslie Philips and Stanley Baxter's landlady in "The Fast Lady". Like a lot of home grown stars, I don't think she got the recognition she deserved.

Comment

Hi Sam, you are right she did not get the recognition she deserved. My favourite Kathleen role is in Turn the Zoey’s Softly. Do watch it it is a great film. One of my favourites. Another film with an excellent performance from Kathleen and Dand Nichols is called Happy Family.

Comment

Should say turn the key softly. Sorry it’s my big fingers when typing. Lol

Comment

Turn The Key Softly is one of my favourites too. Lovely film. Saw it in a double bill with The Cimarron Kid one of Audie |Murphy's early films.
              Last edited by cassidy; 4th December 2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

It is excellent great performances all round. Kathleen was wonderful in it. She was a great actress. Apparently very nice woman too.

Comment

The Greatest Scene Stealer of all time . . . . she was great

Comment

Working...
                  X