Jacqueline Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacqueline Jones

I watched one of the "Edgar Wallace Theatre" films the other day & Jacqueline Jones was there to provide a bit of glamour.
    She had a busy career in the 60's in numerous TV shows & films & then nothing until an appearance in "The Bill" in the late 90's.
    There is scant information about her on imdb.
    She was such a beautiful woman & I wondered if anyone new anything about her?

For a minute I thought that this thread might be about my cousin Jacqueline Jones (sister of Carolyn Jones) but neither of them are actors
    It's just a coincidence of names

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
      I watched one of the "Edgar Wallace Theatre" films the other day & Jacqueline Jones was there to provide a bit of glamour.
      She had a busy career in the 60's in numerous TV shows & films & then nothing until an appearance in "The Bill" in the late 90's.
      There is scant information about her on imdb.
      She was such a beautiful woman & I wondered if anyone new anything about her?
      The Jacqueline Jones that was in an episode of the Bill in the late 90s is not the glamour girl from the 1960s

Comment

Originally posted by cully
        wadsy, she led a very colourful life while an actress and afterwards. Went to prison, I think for soliciting, met up with Myra Hindley and wrote a book about her memories of the famous murderess called The Devil and Miss Jones. Janie Jones, as she called herself latterly, was a pretty strange woman if the book is to be believed.
        Are you sure Janie Jones and Jacqueline Jones are the same person Cully.The info on line says she was a singer no mention of being called Jacqueline or working as an actresss

Comment

Just watched the Janie Jones Witches Brew Video on YouTube not The Jacquelne Jones from films like Pit of darkness in the doghouse etc

Comment

Originally posted by George curtis View Post
            Just watched the Janie Jones Witches Brew Video on YouTube not The Jacquelne Jones from films like Pit of darkness in the doghouse etc
            I agree with you, George. Jacqueline Jones continued to work under that name as a cabaret artiste until the mid 1970s. Here she is pictured with Cliff Richard in 1975:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/144613972

In 1975, Janie Jones was in prison!

E.

Comment

I have been looking at my paperback copy of the book and I fear that I have been labouring under a misapprehension. Janie Jones is clearly not the actress, Jacqueline Jones, and I don't know why I thought she was. Perhaps, I thought there was a physical likeness or picked up a fag end from somewhere when the book came out because of Janie's tenuous connection with showbiz. I don't know but I can only apologize to the Forum and I have deleted the post.
              Apologies again.

Comment

• George curtis
                George curtis commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't worry about it Cully

• agutterfan
                agutterfan commented
                Editing a comment
                As The Clash sang ,"he's in love with Janie Jones, woah!"
            Working...
            X