No announcement yet.

Tragic Coincidences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryan Mosley collapsed and died at the entrance to the indoor Market on Shipley High Street, Yorkshire, just a couple of months after being retired from his Corrie role.........

Comment

Errrrr....... in what way is this a coincidence?

Comment

• Mark O
        Mark O commented
        Editing a comment
        His character also died of a heart attack, six weeks previously, hence coincidence.

• Big Figure
        Big Figure commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh okay. Thanks Mark.

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

To which topic do you refer?
      Obviously the one he had a go at.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Obviously the one he had a go at.
        Ok, the search function helped, though I'm still not sure what you mean/meant.

(btw, 'gall' is the correct spelling).

Comment

cornershop15 knows what I mean/meant but he seems not to bother to comment!!

Put it this way if I had put this topic up for discussion I would have got the same members asking me why I had.

Comment

July 1997 didn't start too well for Hollywood stars as Robert Mitchum passed away on the 1st of the month closely followed by James Stewart who died on the following day. In a similar coincidence Frankie Howard and Benny Hill died within 24 hours of each other on April 19th and 20th 1992 both from heart problems.

Comment

• cornershop15
              cornershop15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent additions. We musn't forget the same fate befell Debbie Reynolds and daughter Carrie Fisher three years ago.

cornershop15 knows what I mean/meant but he seems not to bother to comment!!

When I'm ready. It's difficult to adjust when one's addicted to the newspaper archives most of the day. And it is a serious addiction, just like drugs and gambling.

Put it this way if I had put this topic up for discussion I would have got the same members asking me why I had.

The difference is that wheras you sought the opinions of others on rape (the subject of discussion), all I've hoped to see here are helpful contributions, relating to Entertainment figures with an unfortunaye connection, in my quest to compile a definitive list.

This is hardly my favourite way of remembering stars of the past (I wish none of these people had died, even natural deaths) but I still believe this is an interesting way of bringing together people who otherwise have no association. My intention is to do this more respectfully than Kenneth Anger 'achieved' in Hollywood Babylon. "The Gas Girls" was the title of one of his chapters.

Tragedies and scandals involving the famous are difficult to ignore. American actress Carol Rossen's harrowing ordeal goes beyond tragic coincidence. She, was attacked and "left for dead" in Los Angeles, almost 20 years after she played a character who suffered a similar fate in The Fugitive episode In the Middle of a Heat Wave.

With David Janssen in the later episode With Strings Attached (1966):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Carol Rossen and David Janssen in The Fugitive - With Strings Attached (1966).jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	76292

Carol, daughter of film director Robert Rossen, went on to write a book about her terrible experience, Hope she's doing well these days. Now aged 82 and long retired.
            Last edited by cornershop15; 16th August 2019, 03:34 AM.

Comment

The Film Director Basil Dearden was killed in a car crash in 1971. He was driving his Mini near the same stretch of road, where months earlier he had filmed Roger Moore, in the Man Who Haunted Himself.
              A story about a man who dies in a car crash..

Comment

Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post

The difference is that wheras you sought the opinions of others on rape (the subject of discussion), all I've hoped to see here are helpful contributions, relating to Entertainment figures with an unfortunaye connection, in my quest to compile a definitive list.
                Both topics are valid imo one is for' entertainment' purposes (what you do is acknowledged) and is needed on here wheras mine was realistic and should not be ridiculed by some on here and should be treated as such,If no one wishes to contribute then fine ignore the posts and do not post on it but no one should start ridiculing serious subjects!!

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                  Shirley Brahms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "If no one wishes to contribute then fine ignore the posts and do not post on it"
                  Oh, come on! That was your first gripe!

Some members never learn soooooooooooooooo I will say it again

If no one wishes to contribute then fine ignore the posts and do not post on it

Comment

Some members never learn soooooooooooooooo I will say it again

If no one wishes to contribute then fine ignore the posts and do not post on it
                  You are being extremely rude Metro1962. Shirley pointed out, quite correctly, that the initial lack of posting on your contentious thread gave rise to your first gripe.

Your post above was completely out of order. Some good manners would not go amiss here.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

You are being extremely rude Metro1962. Shirley pointed out, quite correctly, that the initial lack of posting on your thread gave rise to your first gripe.

Your post above was completely out of order. Some good manners would not go amiss here.
                    I was not being 'extremely rude' I was just pointing out the she and others do not need to contribute to my posts/threads therefore ignore the posts/thread and do not post on it.

If members were to type negative rather than positive answers then they will get that in return like so many have done before me.

Comment

• narabdela
                      narabdela commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry m8y, you’ll get honest answers, both negative and positive, depending on merit. This is a forum, not a mutual admiration society.

The Heinz food brand has 57 variety's.

Legendary Rock'n'roller Heinz Burt passed away at the all too young age of 57.

JJ Feild portrayed him in the film 'Telstar'

Being a fan, I'm gladdened a street in his home town of Eastleigh, Hampshire, has been named after him..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	heinz-burt-close-e1545569202737.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	76510 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Poor old Heinz was treated as a bit of a joke in Telstar if I remember.
                      I don't think many people would know the name these days..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                        The Heinz food brand has 57 variety's.

Legendary Rock'n'roller Heinz Burt passed away at the all too young age of 57.

JJ Feild portrayed him in the film 'Telstar'

Being a fan, I'm gladdened a street in his home town of Eastleigh, Hampshire, has been named after him..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	heinz-burt-close-e1545569202737.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	76510
                        I wonder if the Close is big enough to have a number 57 ?

Comment

Working...
                        X