Michael Farnsworth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Farnsworth

If this has been asked before then apologies in advance. Does anyone have any idea what happened to Michael Farnsworth? He was a pretty successful actor but seems to have disappeared, more or less, in 1971. He was a main character in the Expert staring Marius Goring appearing in 46 episodes. The series continued for 5 years after he left. He did a lot of theatre up to 1971, was married and lived in Barnes. From the Newspaper archives The Stage newspaper has him mentioned in the money due section in the mid 70’s and by the end of the decade his equity membership has been terminated due to them not having an up to date address. If anyone can solve this then Britmovie can.

I've been looking & I can't even find a photo of him.

Comment

That’s part of the problem. There aren't any online.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFB1AC85-CBD7-4E7F-BC05-B77278E2D9C1.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	72650 Here’s a picture of him from 1971 from a play.

Comment

I used to like THE EXPERT, but sadly have no memory of Michael being in it. Apart from Marius Goring, I can only remember Ann Morrish and Victor Winding as regulars.

Comment

He was in it from 68-71 as Det. Sgt. Ashe according to IMDB.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
              I used to like THE EXPERT, but sadly have no memory of Michael being in it. Apart from Marius Goring, I can only remember Ann Morrish and Victor Winding as regulars.
              Michael was in 46 out of 62 episodes (according to the IMDb)

Steve

Comment

That's him as the Barclays Bank cashier in the first episode of Spindoe (1968), flanked
                by Ray McAnally, as the eponymous anti-hero, and bank manager Edward Jewesbury:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael Farnsworth with Ray McAnally and Edward Jewesbury in Spindoe - You Came Out from Nothing.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	72703

Comment

Do we know if Michael Farnsworth was his real name? Or what his wife's first name was? Anything at all?

I'm guessing he was born around 1940 - he was a student at The Guildhall School of Music and Drama in the early 1960s. He appeared in productions there with his contemporary Lynn Farleigh.

E.

Comment

In the theatre programme I have (Flowering Cherry, 1971) it just says he lives with his wife in Barnes.

Comment

My researches came up with only half s dozen or so Michael Farnsworth's (Assuming it is his real name) from the period 1935 to 1945.
                      The most likely candidate I think age wise was born in 1939 and currently lives in Norfolk. This gent is married, so It would be helpful if we could find the name of his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                        My researches came up with only half s dozen or so Michael Farnsworth's (Assuming it is his real name) from the period 1935 to 1945.
                        The most likely candidate I think age wise was born in 1939 and currently lives in Norfolk. This gent is married, so It would be helpful if we could find the name of his wife.
                        He's my favourite candidate , Tigon, but based on no real evidence! He married Sheila Margaret Gemmell in Troon, Scotland in 1962. She was born in that town in 1939 and continues to reside with her husband as far as I can make out.

I do know that this Michael had a sister who was a professional dancer.

E.

Comment

The combined detective work of two of my favourite Britmovie users. Cheers, some good stuff to investigate there.

Comment

I contacted Sheila Farnsworth today ( lovely women) but alas her Michael Farnsworth is not the chap we are looking for. Any other candidates?

Comment

I have traced three other Michael Farnsworth's, sadly though all three are deceased.

Michael John born 26/ 04/1945 - died 28/06/1999 of Sleaford Lincs
                              Michael B born November 4th 1941 died February 4th 1988 of Durham
                              Michael B born April 5th 1942 died 13/04/2013 of Walsall Staffs

Of these, the most likely is the last, as his wife was named Sheila and they married in October 1960, which fits the time frame.
                              Sadly Sheila born 23/11/1943 passed away herself 20/04/2016.

These gents generally fit the right age. I also found a Michael Farnsworth born in 1933. I wouldn't have made him out to be in his early thirties at the time of the Expert, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X