Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    As an update to this Lynn Farleigh thinks he was 18 in 1960 which, age wise, lines up perfectly with the Michael Farnsworth who sadly died in 2013 ( thank you Tigon Man). I’d still like to know about his sudden departure from show business. I find it rather intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    Two colleagues have replied. The director Terry Lane was as curious as I to find out what happened to him and Lynn Farleigh thinks he left the profession for a career in medicine.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    Sort of an update. Yesterday I managed to contact quite a few former colleagues of Michael Farnsworth. We may not find out about his current status ( I suspect he’s no longer with us) but we might get an insight into why his career abruptly stopped in 1971. In 71 he appeared in his last play (Flowering Cherry) and left the cast of The Expert. After that he’s only mentioned in print in the Equity paper in the fees owed section and finely in 1979 his Equity membership is terminated as they have no current address for him. Intriguing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    Hmm 38 in that Flowering Cherry picture I posted. It is possible but I suspect that it's one of the other chaps. Thanks Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Tigon Man
    replied
    I have traced three other Michael Farnsworth's, sadly though all three are deceased.

Michael John born 26/ 04/1945 - died 28/06/1999 of Sleaford Lincs
    Michael B born November 4th 1941 died February 4th 1988 of Durham
    Michael B born April 5th 1942 died 13/04/2013 of Walsall Staffs

Of these, the most likely is the last, as his wife was named Sheila and they married in October 1960, which fits the time frame.
    Sadly Sheila born 23/11/1943 passed away herself 20/04/2016.

These gents generally fit the right age. I also found a Michael Farnsworth born in 1933. I wouldn't have made him out to be in his early thirties at the time of the Expert, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    I contacted Sheila Farnsworth today ( lovely women) but alas her Michael Farnsworth is not the chap we are looking for. Any other candidates?

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    The combined detective work of two of my favourite Britmovie users. Cheers, some good stuff to investigate there.

Leave a comment:

• Euryale
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
    My researches came up with only half s dozen or so Michael Farnsworth's (Assuming it is his real name) from the period 1935 to 1945.
    The most likely candidate I think age wise was born in 1939 and currently lives in Norfolk. This gent is married, so It would be helpful if we could find the name of his wife.
    He's my favourite candidate , Tigon, but based on no real evidence! He married Sheila Margaret Gemmell in Troon, Scotland in 1962. She was born in that town in 1939 and continues to reside with her husband as far as I can make out.

I do know that this Michael had a sister who was a professional dancer.

E.

Leave a comment:

• Tigon Man
    replied
    My researches came up with only half s dozen or so Michael Farnsworth's (Assuming it is his real name) from the period 1935 to 1945.
    The most likely candidate I think age wise was born in 1939 and currently lives in Norfolk. This gent is married, so It would be helpful if we could find the name of his wife.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    In the theatre programme I have (Flowering Cherry, 1971) it just says he lives with his wife in Barnes.

Leave a comment:

• Euryale
    replied
    Do we know if Michael Farnsworth was his real name? Or what his wife's first name was? Anything at all?

I'm guessing he was born around 1940 - he was a student at The Guildhall School of Music and Drama in the early 1960s. He appeared in productions there with his contemporary Lynn Farleigh.

E.

Leave a comment:

• cornershop15
    replied
    That's him as the Barclays Bank cashier in the first episode of Spindoe (1968), flanked
    by Ray McAnally, as the eponymous anti-hero, and bank manager Edward Jewesbury:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael Farnsworth with Ray McAnally and Edward Jewesbury in Spindoe - You Came Out from Nothing.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	72703

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I used to like THE EXPERT, but sadly have no memory of Michael being in it. Apart from Marius Goring, I can only remember Ann Morrish and Victor Winding as regulars.
    Michael was in 46 out of 62 episodes (according to the IMDb)

Steve

Leave a comment:

• MarcusHeslop(Stonfan)
    replied
    He was in it from 68-71 as Det. Sgt. Ashe according to IMDB.

Leave a comment:

• Gerald Lovell
    replied
    I used to like THE EXPERT, but sadly have no memory of Michael being in it. Apart from Marius Goring, I can only remember Ann Morrish and Victor Winding as regulars.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X