Actor - Name unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor - Name unknown

This is a bit of a long shot, but can anyone remember an actor (British I think, but he had a foreign sounding name) . He always played unsmiling butlers and the like but bore a strong resemblance to George Sanders.

He was around in the 1960s & 1970s during which time he would have been in his late sixties/early seventies.

I wish my memory was better...

Mischa De La Motte? Don't know if he looked like George, though!

E.

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
      Mischa De La Motte? Don't know if he looked like George, though!

E.
      OMG ! Yes, yes, yes Thanks for that. And it was Forsythe Saga where he played the butler. Just looked him up in Spotlight and he has just a small photo rather than the standard half page. Why did some actors only have small pics ?

Comment

Yes, I remember him from The Forsyte Saga. He seemed the go-to actor for butlers, footmen, and various other household attendants! Saw a picture of him from the 1930s when he may have looked a bit more like George Sanders.

I guess you had to pay for your entry in Spotlight, so I suppose the amount you paid would be reflected in the size of the photo you were allowed!

E.

Comment

Mischa de la Motte

It's funny, because I kept thinking of Ina de la Haye. Wrong sex I know, but I was kind of heading in the right direction.

I guess you're right about the spotlight fee and the size of the photo. Yet some of the very well known actors just had their name but no photo (Wilfred Hyde White for example).

And as a curiosity, Sydney Bromley's picture is a painting of him wearing what looks like a Cromwellian style helmet !

Comment

I think probably it would usually be the actor's agent who arranged their entry in Spotlight. I've been quite surprized how unflattering some of the photos are of actors/actresses generally considered good-looking. I have a number of volumes from the 1960s/70s and of course they have plenty of pics of actors posing with their cigarette - I guess not so much these days!

I suppose actors like Wilfrid Hyde White may have been thought well-enough known not to need a mug shot!

E.

Comment

Working...
            X