Actors you never knew were related and who never acted together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors you never knew were related and who never acted together

Last year I googled "Mary Poppins", and I once more saw the faces that were so familiar to me in the 1960s and had stayed in my memory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-gnome-mobile-DI-06-DI-to-L10.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	76001

Karen Dotrice and Matthew Garber.

I was intrigued to learn that one of the young actors was named Karen Dotrice and is the sister of Michelle Dotrice, of 'Some Mothers Do ' Ave 'Em' fame. Before that, I never knew her name and therefore never knew they were related. Both the young actors seen in the image above also appeared in the film 'The Three Lives of Thomasina', about the supposed lives of a cat.

Earlier this year I started the topic 'Close relatives who have acted together';

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/ci...acted-together

This topic is the antithesis of that one. Which actors were you surprised to find were related? Some of those who acted together surprised me, but now I ask to mentioned only those who did NOT act together.
    Last edited by garth; 11th August 2019, 08:38 AM.

I'm getting 'Invalid File Specified'for that image garth.

When Karen and Michelle were young, their father Roy was the famous name. Sadly now only remembered for 'Game of Thrones'.

Comment

I've changed the image. See if it works now.

Roy Dotrice - another one I'd never heard of. I've never watched 'Game of Thrones'.

Comment

Matthew Garber, Karen Dotrice's fellow star in a couple of films, died of hepatitis in 1977 at the age of only 21.

'The Three Lives of Thomasina' fascinated me as a child, because you saw the cat go to 'heaven'. I then believed it was the real thing.

Very different from my own presumed visit to the afterlife, when I fetched up in a bloody railway station! Though that is not unusual, so I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post
          I've changed the image. See if it works now.

Roy Dotrice - another one I'd never heard of. I've never watched 'Game of Thrones'.
          It does! Thanks.

Roy Dotrice was a wonderful actor btw.

Comment

I thought it was Catweazle at first!

Comment

Bit OT but going back a bit Roy Dotrice was in Misleading Cases.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckEddie View Post
                With the wonderful Alastair Sim iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckEddie View Post
                  When first encountered Mr. Dotrice and thought he was a doddering old man!

Comment

Peter Graves and James Arness, brothers.

Richard Briers and Terry-Thomas, cousins once removed.

Comment

I knew they were brothers but I don't think Francis Matthews & Paul Shelley ever acted on screen together!

Comment

William Ash and Peter Ash.

William is Peter's second cousin, Peter currently plays Paul Forman on Coronation Street.

Comment

OK... namedropping now, but it was only earlier this year, when I became friends with that lovely actress Carol Royle, that the penny dropped and I realised that the late Derek Royle (of "Fawlty Towers" and "Magical Mystery Tour" fame) was her dad!

Don't think they worked together. Carol's done plenty of TV and lots of theatre work but no films. Her younger sister also acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
                            it was only earlier this year, when I became friends with that lovely actress Carol Royle
                            1] When you getting married?

2] No, I'm not buying you a wedding present.

3] And no, I'm not jealous.

Comment

very few people that i never knew were related , but yeah but no but maybe like when i was young i didnt know people were related . will admit i didnt know Toby Jones was son of Freddy Jones till late in the day .

Last edited by AlecLeamas; 15th August 2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X