Patsy Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patsy Smart

Is anyone able to provide a little background information about Patsy Smart (1918-1996) ?

I know her brother was the producer/director Ralph Smart. I understand she had a daughter and presumed rightly or wrongly that she must have been married at some point in time ??

No wonder it's been so difficult to find Patsy as it looks to me as though the details on most websites for her birth date/name are incorrect. I believe that she was born as Hope Foster Smart at Edmonton, London in 1918, her birth being registered in the last quarter. This would be consistent with her older brother being Ralph (Foster) Smart, the television director. They were born to Henry Casimir Smart, an Australian, and Daisy Hope Foster, who was born in London. Henry and Daisy appear to have had eight children!

Obviously Hope adopted 'Patsy' as her first at some point, perhaps when she attended R.A.D.A. She married John Warrington in 1945. He is almost certainly the television director of that name. They had one child, Susan, born in 1949. She died in 1971, aged 21.

Patsy's death registration - as Patsy Hope Warrington - gives her date of birth as 10th Sept. 1918. That is consistent with her birth being registered in the last quarter of 1918.

I think there is no dispute that she died on 6th Feb. 1996.

There was a thread on the old forum about Patsy:

http://filmdope.com/forums/111727-patsy-smart.html

E.

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
      No wonder it's been so difficult to find Patsy as it looks to me as though the details on most websites for her birth date/name are incorrect. I believe that she was born as Hope Foster Smart at Edmonton, London in 1918, her birth being registered in the last quarter. This would be consistent with her older brother being Ralph (Foster) Smart, the television director. They were born to Henry Casimir Smart, an Australian, and Daisy Hope Foster, who was born in London. Henry and Daisy appear to have had eight children!

Obviously Hope adopted 'Patsy' as her first at some point, perhaps when she attended R.A.D.A. She married John Warrington in 1945. He is almost certainly the television director of that name. They had one child, Susan, born in 1949. She died in 1971, aged 21.

Patsy's death registration - as Patsy Hope Warrington - gives her date of birth as 10th Sept. 1918. That is consistent with her birth being registered in the last quarter of 1918.

I think there is no dispute that she died on 6th Feb. 1996.

There was a thread on the old forum about Patsy:

http://filmdope.com/forums/111727-patsy-smart.html

E.
      Thank you for that. I've always had a soft spot for dear Patsy. I recall years ago when I first learned she had died from IMDb, it was stated that she had died in New York ! Whereas now as we know, she ended her days in Denville Hall.

Comment

It says on Wikipedia she died of barbiturate poisoning is that correct?

Comment

Working...
        X