Dora Bryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dora Bryan

Just wish Dora had made a lot more movies....
    a lot more TV .... there just does nt seem enough out there...
    I remember the b and w movie with Rita Tushingham
    I remember the St Trinians movie in colour... but not a lot more comes to mind.
    Maybe Dora did a lot of ... live ....stage work during her career ?
    ( when she could have been making movies ... )

You obviously haven’t checked out her movie credits on IMDb. She made a lot of movies.

Comment

Have a feeling that the term.... cameo role.... will apply to a lot of those !

Comment

One of the rarest of Dora's films is HELLO LONDON (released in 1960) - the only film in which she sings !

Dora sings 50 minutes into this film...Very rare !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LosEfjgTC9g&t=1736s
        Last edited by julian_craster; 11th October 2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Talking Pictures are having a Dora Bryan day on Saturday 19th October.

Comment

wow THANKS for that info Cass.... I ll put that date in my diary !

Comment

Dora was a fixture in Brighton, where she lived for forty years.
              I remember she made the local Brighton Evening Argus once, after being nicked for speeding (No mean feat in a Suzuki Wagon R!) in Grand Parade and complained about the treatment meted out to her by the local plod

Comment

Patsy lived in Brighton too.... think she also ran a hotel... (not too sure )..... chin chin.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                  Dora was a fixture in Brighton, where she lived for forty years.
                  I remember she made the local Brighton Evening Argus once, after being nicked for speeding (No mean feat in a Suzuki Wagon R!) in Grand Parade and complained about the treatment meted out to her by the local plod
                  She actually owned a hotel in Brighton not far from where my late grandmother used to live in a care home in Kemptown.

Comment

Working...
                  X