Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayne Mansfield

Jayne was a glamorous Blonde back in the 50s and 60s when
    blondes were in fashion.... She was in movies.... she sang and performed in Cabaret.... her photos filled the magazines... she was a star back then....

And the British connection ... ?

I suppose a tenuous connection for relevance in this forum was co-starring with Kenneth More in The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
      And the British connection ... ?

co-starring with Kenneth More in The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw.
      She has been in a few british films apart from that one.

Comment

She s made movies in UK and Italy

Comment

Too Hot to Handle.....The Challenge....to name two more UK movies.....

Comment

I've read 'Too hot to handle' was filmed in colour, but there only seems to be black and white prints available, so I don't know what happened there, it would be pleasing to see it properly........

I enjoyed 'The Challenge', proved she could really act........

Though 'Hillbillies of Beverly Hills' featured fellow sex-kitten Mamie Van-Doren, the film was awful, I stopped watching about halfway through.........

Comment

Too Hot to Handle (in colour) has been released on DVD in Germany . Nice Print, but no English language options !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQc1H...&start_radio=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO20fpHbVX8
              Last edited by julian_craster; 9th October 2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Apart from her gorgeous face & figure I read that she had quite a high I.Q & she was by no means a dumb blonde,
                Thee are several interviews with her on youtube . In some she plays up to her image but in others she comes
                across as an intelligent woman who was very career minded. She had a beautifully gentle speaking voice too!

Comment

Jayne played the violin rather well..there is a clip on YouTube .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLh9QNf7Ns
                  Last edited by julian_craster; 9th October 2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Did nt she also play the piano ?
                    I think its a shame that the Pink Palace no longer exists
                    it would now be a massive tourist attraction....
                    Englebert Hump bought it and I believe it has since been demolished and new houses built on the property .

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
                      Too Hot to Handle (in colour) has been released on DVD in Germany . Nice Print, but no English language options !
                      Yes, seems and odd state of affairs, maybe because actor Karl Heinz-Bohm is in it, but who knows, perhaps TP will eventually screen it, but I won't hold my breath.

A few years ago I ordered what I thought was the film, but I received a CD of Jayne singing songs instead, she has a passable singing voice, similar to Marilyn Monroe, all breathy and sultry.

I can't recall what programme it was, but I recall not so long ago seeing a News clip of Jayne being interviewed (presumably in the earlier part of 1967, when she was in England, then went to Ireland), where a Journalist asked her what made her want to perform at Northern Working Men's Clubs, she responded she thought it would be 'kooky' to do so (I had to look kooky up !), then Diana Dors enters her dressing room (I assume they knew one another from Diana's Hollywood days), and greet each other as old friends.

As for the 'Pink Palace', I think I read Ringo Starr owned it also, apparently the internal walls were repainted, but the previous pink shade started coming back through, as if the spirit of Jayne was still there, bless her......

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kooky

Comment

never knew that Ringo owned it.... could be that he sold it to the property developers that turned it into a housing estate ?

Comment

Originally posted by silverstar View Post
                          never knew that Ringo owned it.... could be that he sold it to the property developers that turned it into a housing estate ?
                          Humperdinck bought the house in the 1970s and was the last owner prior to the bulldozers moving on it.

Jayne’s IQ, btw, was over 160, putting her in the genius category

Comment

Originally posted by silverstar View Post
                            Sorry, got it wrong, it was the former home of Mama Cass Elliot, Ringo once owned, not Jayne's.........

Comment

Mark..... wot are you like ?
                              Last edited by silverstar; 9th October 2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X