Stewart Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart Granger

The other day at the video department in Best Buy, I notice a couple of DVD’s starring Stewart Granger. King Solomon’s mines and Green fire. As I recall, King Solomon’s mines did win some academy awards in 1950, Green fire, also starred Grace Kelly. He was one of these actors who renounced his British citizenship to become an American.
    Last edited by Swenson; 10th November 2019, 07:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

He’s was not the only one to renounce his British citizenship to become American. Emily Blunt, Billy Idol, and Angela Lansbury. I think Angela may have become a dual citizen, American and British.
    Last edited by Derick Angerman; 10th November 2019, 07:45 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
      He’s was not the only one to denounce British citizenship to become American. Emily Blunt, Billy Idol, and Angela Lansbury. I think Angela may have become a dual citizen, American and British.
      Billy Idol was a sad loss to the country!

Comment

I think that the word you should be using is renounce.

to say publicly that you no longer own, support, believe in, or have a connection with something

Denounce is something that Joe McCarthy did.

to accuse someone publicly of being something that is bad or wrong:

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
          Shirley Brahms commented
          Editing a comment
          Correctamundo!

He’s was not the only one to denounce British citizenship to become American. Emily Blunt, Billy Idol, and Angela Lansbury. I think Angela may have become a dual citizen, American and British.
        Anthony Hopkins did as well. There might be perfectly valid reasons for renouncing your citizenship, or seeking joint citizenship if possible. Remember, there are also Americans who take UK citizenship as well.

Comment

True, many Americans have left America to go to the U.K. and Canada. Canada and the U.K. have national health plans for their residents, unlike to U.S. and also comparably safe compared to the U.S.

Comment

He’s was not the only one to renounce his British citizenship to become American. Emily Blunt, Billy Idol, and Angela Lansbury. I think Angela may have become a dual citizen, American and British.
            It’s usually a tax thing, it shouldn’t be seen as new-found patriotic allegiances

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post

Billy Idol was a sad loss to the country!
              I didn't know he sang country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post

I didn't know he sang country!!!
                If he tried they'd shoot him!

Comment

True, taxas do play a part in why some actors leave England. I remember a few years ago, French actor Gerald Depardieu left France to move to Russia because of taxas. He also may have had some mental issues, also, according to the tabloids, if one can believe them.

Comment

Working...
                  X