Christopher Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Lee

Just found this very interesting clip on youtube.

Although Christopher Lee was one of my favourites, he could spout a fair amount of BS.

Comment

Was this video made to publicise one of his silly films?

Wiki says he was an 'altar server' in an Anglo-Catholic parish. The Anglo-Catholics loved rituals, superstition and mysticism. Being an 'altar server' meant he would have been close to all the theatrical melodrama and handled the incense and handed out the wafers so the believers could swallow them and think they were swallowing the flesh of Jesus Christ.

Comment

The Anglo-Catholics also liked to keep a tight rein on their 'flocks', nothing like keeping control of the masses so they can be brain washed into how to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
          Although Christopher Lee was one of my favourites, he could spout a fair amount of BS.
          No question, he could BS for England. Great listening to him, though, most of the time-. Once he got a bee in his bonnet he tended to rattle on and on and on...

Comment

The interview was done prior to the release of "To the Devil a daughter"(1976) so he could well have been trying to subtly promote it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
              Probably my all time favourite actor.
              Like many an actor before him, he did tell a tall tale or two
              Some of the stories of his war service, were especially dubious.
              But that doesn't make me any less fond of him. Would love to have met him.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
                Just found this very interesting clip on youtube.
                Christopher talks a lot of sense in that clip,A lot of people think he is talking BS but he is not................ more the fools them.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Christopher talks a lot of sense in that clip,A lot of people think he is talking BS but he is not................ more the fools them.
                  Who are these “lots of people’ of whom you speak?

Comment

For once I agree with you to an extent. Wrong to call people fools - what were the witch hunts all about? It was the Christians stopping people carrying out 'magick' - spelt with a 'k' to distinguish it from mere conjuring. Not all the 'witches' were fakes, and certainly not all of them were into 'black' magick. But you see, we have been hoodwinked and indoctrinated. There is more to reality than modern science would have us believe. But seeing is believing and experiencing is knowing, and unless you have, you won't - which is why I am against calling people fools. I'm speaking here of 'white' magick, having never attempted the 'black' variety. And perhaps it's not even 'magick' - the Chinese are well versed in the healing power of 'chi'.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Who are these “lots of people’ of whom you speak?
                      Do I seriously need to spell it out for you?

Originally posted by garth View Post

Wrong to call people fools
                      Maybe fools was the wrong word,So I would go for uneducated then.

Last edited by Metro1962; 12th February 2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Do I seriously need to spell it out for you?
                        Let me ask a simpler question for you then, who are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

who are you talking about?
                          Those who posted on here saying Christopher Lee spouts BS,Because he talked about a certain subject does not mean it is BS,It just means that people do not believe (or do not want to believe or are uneducated) in that subject and they just diss it as BS.

Comment

I suppose the fact that I think he's talking utter b*llocks marks me out as an uneducated fool then...or could it be the other way around? Click image for larger version  Name:	confused0006h.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.1 KB ID:	84556

Comment

Those who posted on here saying Christopher Lee spouts BS,Because he talked about a certain subject does not mean it is BS,It just means that people do not believe (or do not want to believe or are uneducated) in that subject and they just diss it as BS.
                              Well, I didn’t say he was talking BS on this post, but he is more than capable of it. It is possible for someone to disagree with you without being a “fool”, believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X