Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamal.nazreddin
    replied
    I was surprised to see Christopher Lee listed as a graduate of the Rank Charm School.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Company_of_Youth

I would have thought his vertiginous physique counted against any ability he might have playing a charming ingenue. And I would have thought they'd change his tiny surname.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    This is going way off-topic now, but it's a fascinating subject, so I've created a special topic where can discuss the paranormal (my preferred name for the 'supernatural'):

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/ba...the-paranormal

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Two problems there.

1. I have no problem with religion per se, but the existence of a supreme being is a belief, not a proven fact.

2. The Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are one and the same. The difference is semantic. Indeed. if you believe in The Holy Trinity, all three are the same.
    I suspect, Narabdela, that you are far too sensible for this thread.

Leave a comment:

• narabdela
    replied
    Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
    God, The Holy Ghost and The Holy Spirit are supernatural.

Two problems there.

1. I have no problem with religion per se, but the existence of a supreme being is a belief, not a proven fact.

2. The Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are one and the same. The difference is semantic. Indeed. if you believe in The Holy Trinity, all three are the same.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    If one accepts belief in God then one automatically accepts a belief in the Devil, as a Christian concept, but there is no proof of either.. it’s a question of faith.

In fact, if you read Richard Dawkins very persuasive arguments, the weight of evidence is very much against the existence of a greater being- whatever you want to call it. Accepting that God does not exist does not, per se, negate the argument for the supernatural, outside of the Devil and that malarkey , I suppose, but the evidence isn’t yet compelling.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
    What’s the difference between the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spiirt?

Leave a comment:

• jamal.nazreddin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• narabdela
    replied
    Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Anything of a supernatural kind.

There’s no such thing as the supernatural.

Leave a comment:

• Robin Davies
    replied
    Can you (or anyone else for that matter ) explain why do not believe in powers of that kind exist?
    I've seen no evidence that convinces me. The onus of proof is on the believers.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied
    Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Powers of what kind?
    Anything of a supernatural kind.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied

Can you (or anyone else for that matter ) explain why do not believe in powers of that kind exist?
    Powers of what kind? Raise the Devil? Inhabit the Astral Plain? Shapeshift into cats or wolves? Or are there other powers you have in mind?

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied
    Originally posted by Robin Davies View Post

The controversy is surely over whether supernatural powers are involved. That is indeed "bollocks" to a rationalist like myself .

Leave a comment:

• Robin Davies
    replied
    Originally posted by Gamelyn View Post
    I don't think he's talking bollocks in this clip. He's just saying Satanism is real, and it is.
    Satanism as a belief system is real. I don't think anyone would argue with that.
    The controversy is surely over whether supernatural powers are involved. That is indeed "bollocks" to a rationalist like myself but then I feel the same about Christian miracles.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied
    Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
    I’ve totally lost interest in this thread. The level of discussion is too much like the playground for my tastes
    Shame as you were doing really well in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    I’ve totally lost interest in this thread. The level of discussion is too much like the playground for my tastes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X