Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Can you name this actress ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name this actress ?

Hi, I was visiting a Museum about Ships over the weekend, I'm assuming the lady is an actress ( travelling on the Queen Mary), there was no caption under the pic, does anyone know whom she is please ?

It looks like Linda Darnell

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      It looks like Linda Darnell
      Thank you for the reply Tim, I've just looked up Linda on google images, and it does indeed look like her.

Can't say I know anything about Linda, but I'll have a look at her work, cheers.......

Comment

Looks more like Loretta Young to me.

Comment

I think Linda Darnell also.

Comment

There is a resemblance to Loretta Young in that photo, but Loretta was more toothy.

Linda Darnell was one of my favourite Hollywood stars and I would be very surprised if it is not her. I think the guy she's with there might be Jerry Lester, but I'm not sure.

Comment

I agree. Linda Darnell.

Comment

I'm not seeing a picture. Have I got some setting wrong? Does everyone else see a picture in the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
                  I'm not seeing a picture. Have I got some setting wrong? Does everyone else see a picture in the first post?
                  Yes, I do

Steve

Comment

I used the "Quote" button to see the whole of the opening post and it shows the url for the photograph on photobucket. But when I cut and pasted the url to be shown on a new tab it still wouldn't display for me.

I'm using Windows 10, with Firefox 51.0.1 with the add-on NoScript 5.0. All the scripts on Britmovie are enabled, but perhaps something on the photobucket site needs to be enabled... hmmm, I shall investigate further.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
                      I used the "Quote" button to see the whole of the opening post and it shows the url for the photograph on photobucket. But when I cut and pasted the url to be shown on a new tab it still wouldn't display for me.
                      Did you copy the URL from the URL or from the IMG statement?
                      The URL in the IMG statement gives the image
                      The URL in the URL statement tells us where it will go to when we click on the image

But they both work. The address in the URL statement takes you to the PhotoBucket page. The address in the IMG statement takes you to the image

I'm using Windows 10, with Firefox 51.0.1 with the add-on NoScript 5.0. All the scripts on Britmovie are enabled, but perhaps something on the photobucket site needs to be enabled... hmmm, I shall investigate further.
                      Ah, well that may be the trouble. Windows 10 is badly broken. Every other release of Windows is broken

Steve

Comment

Here is what I see when I look at post #1

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                        Hi, I was visiting a Museum about Ships over the weekend, I'm assuming the lady is an actress ( travelling on the Queen Mary), there was no caption under the pic, does anyone know whom she is please ?
                        Here is what I get if I use the Quote button and try to add a comment

Do you see a picture in the second one? because I just displayed my message and saw a blank, even though it included the line of text below (where url has been replaced by xxx and img has been replaced by yyy)

[xxx=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/turnmearound/media/April%202016%20onwards/DSCF8187%202.jpg.html][yyy]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/turnmearound/April%202016%20onwards/DSCF8187%202.jpg[/yyy][/xxx]
                        Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 7th March 2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I could see the picture in the first post on another computer this morning, but not now. Both use Internet Explorer.

Comment

Okay. Narrowed it down a bit. I tried with Microsoft Edge as my browser and I saw the pictures perfectly. I have seen pictures on other threads without diffculty, so perhaps it is something to do with my firefox and photobucket. I shall report back with anything of interest - even though it is probably of no interest to most of the people on this thread. Now that I've seen the pictures, I can at least be sure that I have nothing to offer as an answer to the original question.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                              There is a resemblance to Loretta Young in that photo, but Loretta was more toothy.

Linda Darnell was one of my favourite Hollywood stars and I would be very surprised if it is not her. I think the guy she's with there might be Jerry Lester, but I'm not sure.

Definitely Linda Darnell but the guy is (unbelievably) her husband at the time Peverell Marley!

Comment

Working...
                              X