Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg Entwistle tragedy inspires Netflix show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Entwistle.html

I recently read Peg Entwistle's biography. She wasn't the failed starlet that people assume she was.
    She only made one film "13 Women" in which she was very good but she had an on going successful stage career in America.

Comment

Hollywood on Netflix is a very odd programme. It’s like a woolly lefties wet dream of how Hollywood could have been if people were more tolerant with regards race and sexuality during the golden age of Hollywood. It rewrites history to a point in which a fictitious character becomes the first black actress to win best actress at the Oscars in the 1940’s! Alongside this are real life people such as Rock Hudson who is played as a big dumb jock which he wasn’t at all. It’s a shame as it looks great, has an excellent cast and you could have just told the truth instead of wallowing in wish fulfillment. It’s such an strange way to tell a story. Yes there was bigotry and homophobia in Hollywood for a long time but that’s a fact. All this does is cheapen the experiences of people who really did go through such times. Rant over.
      Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 14th May 2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Strange fact about Entwhistle - she got married to a male actor in 1927, but divorced him in 1929, citing abuse. He was Robert Keith, who had a six year old son from a previous marriage to another actress, and he in trun was acting in Hollywood from the age of two. He was Brian Keith, the well known actor, who also killed himself, as did his daughter.

BTW - I hear good things about Hollywood. But I have Prime, and now Disney. So its going to have to wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
          Strange fact about Entwhistle - she got married to a male actor in 1927, but divorced him in 1929, citing abuse. He was Robert Keith, who had a six year old son from a previous marriage to another actress, and he in trun was acting in Hollywood from the age of two. He was Brian Keith, the well known actor, who also killed himself, as did his daughter.

BTW - I hear good things about Hollywood. But I have Prime, and now Disney. So its going to have to wait...
          At the time Peg Entwistle was married to Robert Keith he was a raging alcoholic who was very possessive of her!

Comment

Working...
          X