Tom Helmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Helmore

Nothing exciting to watch last night. I watch a couple of DVD’s. Vertigo released in 1958. Reviews were mixed. Actors, James Stewart, Barbara Bel Geddes, Kim Novak and Tom Helmore. I remember Tom starring in The Time Machine. As I recall, the remake of The Time Machine did not measure up to the original. Of the cast of Vertigo, I think Kim Novak is still alive. Alfred Hitchcock film, Bernard Herrmann music score. Conductor Muir Mathieson also was involved in the making of this film.
    Last edited by Kevinspencer; 22nd May 2020, 06:29 PM. Reason: Additional information

Originally posted by Kevinspencer View Post
    ......and Tom Helmore. I remember Tom starring in The Time Machine. As I recall, the remake of The Time Machine did not measure up to the original.
    After looking through his list of films on the IMDB website, I can only remember having seen The Time Machine, Vertigo and Three Daring Daughters. This last film I remember seeing as a kid on TV one afternoon (must have been late 1970's) as my mother loved the old MGM musicals.

The Time Machine (1960) is without doubt a classic sci-fi film. It's a film I can watch over and over, and never get tired of it. I didn't actually mind the later version with Guy Pearce, as it was more like a different take on the story rather than a like-for-like remake. Although I do have to say, the earlier George Pal version is superior in all departments in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X