Monika Dietrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monika Dietrich

Following the loss of Margaret Nolan, Dave Prowse and Barbara Windsor in recent weeks, I’ve been thinking about the cast of Carry On Henry. Of the credited cast, only four are still with us. Monika Dietrich seems to be the only one with a question mark against her name.

Does anyone know if she’s still with us? Here’s hoping she is.

Well she certainly seems to have been healthy & lively enough in her youth.
    I wonder if she still is?
    Last edited by wadsy; 14 December 2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Tigon Man
      Tigon Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think she wore herself out...

Good grief!

Comment

Married a banker and "retired" in 1971 to raise her son Karl (then 3) says the Daily Mirror
      Was supposed to have been in On a Clear Day You Can See Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post
        Married a banker and "retired" in 1971 to raise her son Karl (then 3) says the Daily Mirror
        I wonder where her husband found the time to run the bank?

Comment

• Wearysloth
          Wearysloth commented
          Editing a comment
          Presumably he didn't keep banker's hours

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post

Do you think she wore herself out
        No!! Most likely wore someone else out instead.

Comment

Thanks for the lead. I'll see if I can find out if she's still with us.

Comment

I'm just boosting this thread again just in case anyone missed it. I'm very keen to find out if she's still with us, as the remains the missing link in the cast whereabouts for Carry On Henry.

Comment

I wonder if anyone knows the collective noun for a group of bankers ?

Comment

OK Deansid8787, to satisfy your insatiable curiosity, I may have found the lady.
                I can't be 100% sure, but this lady fits the age group (B May 5th 1944) and despite the fact that there are several Monic/ka Dietrich's in the UK, she is the only one who spells her name with a K.
                She is Mrs Monika Swery, married to Albert (B 1934) and they live in Richmond, SW London.
                They have two children Raphael and Sharon. Raphael was born in 1972 about the time she seems to have stopped acting, so that fits.
                On the downside, I couldn't find a mention of her other son Karl (b c 1968).
                If Monika is still in the UK, she might well be this lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                  OK Deansid8787, to satisfy your insatiable curiosity, I may have found the lady.
                  I can't be 100% sure, but this lady fits the age group (B May 5th 1944) and despite the fact that there are several Monic/ka Dietrich's in the UK, she is the only one who spells her name with a K.
                  She is Mrs Monika Swery, married to Albert (B 1934) and they live in Richmond, SW London.
                  They have two children Raphael and Sharon. Raphael was born in 1972 about the time she seems to have stopped acting, so that fits.
                  On the downside, I couldn't find a mention of her other son Karl (b c 1968).
                  If Monika is still in the UK, she might well be this lady.
                  Thank for your reply and for your help! Here's hoping that it is her and she is keeping well. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deansid8787 View Post

Thank for your reply and for your help! Here's hoping that it is her and she is keeping well. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
                    Been in touch with Monika Dean and sadly it's not the same person

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully she is still out there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X