Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Pauline Chamberlain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite right Shirl.
    Like the rest of us, Cully will never be redundant as long as there are loads of familiar faces to be recorded for Imdb. Plenty of work for everyone.

Comment

New addition to my collection of 'Extras on Lobby Cards' - Pauline in The Double Man (1967):

Either side of Yul Brynner are Moira Lister (left) and Britt Ekland. Who is the girl in the pink dress?

Comment

• cully
        cully commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice pic of Pauline, cornershop. Re the lady in pink...Julia Arnall who is credited?

Here is a possible from 'Anastasia' - again with Yul Brynner.

Comment

• cully
        cully commented
        Editing a comment
        Anthony, some time back Pauline gave an interview to a Britmovie "Pauline" ( was it you?) giving a longish list of films she had been in which we had not confirmed for IMDB purposes. Was Anastasia one of those films, perhaps?

Pauline is in Anastasia in the Tivoli Gardens scene, perhaps in other scenes too.

Comment

• cully
        cully commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, I'm clearly not awake. We already have Pauline in her role at IMDB...and I almost certainly posted the credit there!

Member of staff at travel agency.
      Directed by Don Taylor. With Eve Arden, Roger Avon, Derek Bond, Cindy Carol. In this unsold pilot, Claudia Cooper, an American moves to London with her daughter to run a travel agency for a wealthy tycoon.

Comment

• cully
        cully commented
        Editing a comment
        Well spotted, Anthony!

Whilst looking for Guy Standeven in the awful sitcom Health and Efficiency (1995, Series 2, Episode 4, The Dope Peddler) I came across Pauline still sporting that classic beehive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	719.5 KB
ID:	53748Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	1
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	53749

Comment

Very well spotted, Stonfan!

Comment

Thank you, its the most recent picture of her (year wise that is) and possibly one of her final jobs as I'm sure someone said she retired round about this time. It truly is an abysmal sitcom by the way. Incredible that it got two series!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonfan View Post
            Thank you, its the most recent picture of her (year wise that is) and possibly one of her final jobs as I'm sure someone said she retired round about this time. It truly is an abysmal sitcom by the way. Incredible that it got two series!
            You may be amused to learn that all 12 episodes are on YouTube. I've just watched one and I see what you mean. Good cast, though. Trigger plays a surgeon and Lynn from Alan Partridge a doctor.

Comment

Yeah, that’s where I found it on YouTube. It is a great cast I agree but let down by a very poor script. On a different note was Pauline actually interviewed on the old site and if so does it still exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonfan View Post
                Yeah, that’s where I found it on YouTube. It is a great cast I agree but let down by a very poor script. On a different note was Pauline actually interviewed on the old site and if so does it still exist?
                Stonfan, I'm pretty sure an American member of the forum met and interviewed her a few years ago and the old lady added a whole load of new films to the ones we knew she had appeared in. I don't know where this thread is but a moderator like Mr Crook should know.

Comment

See The old bulletin board archive can be found here….

Steve

Comment

Thank you, I was aware of the old site achieve but having been on it I can’t find an interview with Pauline.

Comment

Working...
                    X