No announcement yet.

Pauline Chamberlain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to get a few credits onto the IMDB for Pauline's sister, Pamela, who, at present, has no IMDB page as I believe all her film appearances ( I know of 4) are of the "uncredited " variety and IMDB has a rule that you have to have at least one "credited" credit to be allowed on to the system. I had a chap with Philly about this recently who seemed to think you COULD get onto IMDB without an on screen credit. However, I have just tried to add one for Pamela and received the reply that" you must have at least one screen credit" etc . So, does anybody know of any on screen credits that Pamela had in her career which I could use as a starting point?
    Thanks.

Comment

Hyma Beckley has a Page and I don’t think he was ever credited.

Comment

At the old forum there was a newspaper article about the sisters appearing in a film (i forget which one now) and David Niven showing an interest in them, i think cornershop15 posted it, i wonder if that could be submitted with her entry, would that help ?, also Tigon Man mentioned that when he put up Jack Sharp's page, that it was OK for old uncredited credits to be added. I can see the point of having the role for new credits because there are thousands of English language films made now across all mediums, i guess there are tens of thousands of extras in these.

Comment

Yes, I can see from the IMDB that Hyma Beckley's and Jack Sharp's entire body of work is there and all uncredited. It's a bit of a mystery. I suppose I can just try again and see what happens.Thanks, gents. BTW, the Niven film is the Silken Affair (1956).
          Last edited by cully; 17th February 2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

When people are initially added to the IMDb with some work where they are thought to be credited then they’ll be added and will be visible in the web interface. If they are subsequently reported as being uncredited in all of their work it can take a while before they are removed from the visible interface. They only check every so often for people with only uncredited entries.

You can submit people with only uncredited work at any time. They will be recorded in the database but won’t be visible in the web interface. Then, when (or if) they do get some credited work then all of their uncredited work will be shown as well.

Steve

Comment

A system that allows an entry on IMDb for the director's credited mate in his micro-budget film but no credit for an experienced background artist who spent his entire working life appearing in over a 1000's films including speaking parts and walk-ons but no credit is wrong.
              Anyone who thinks Jack Sharp and Hyma Beckley should have their entries removed, well. . words fail me.

Comment

Words might fail you, but them’s the rules - and you should always check the rules before using any web site. You can’t assume that they’ll all list things the way you want them to. The IMDb isn’t Facebook or any othe “social media” site. They’re a proper database and they have rules.

Steve

Comment

To misquote Mr Bumble
                  If those are the rules, the rules are an ass.

Comment

Ridiculous rules. The likes of Hyma Beckley and Jack Sharp made more of a contribution to cinema than many people ‘legitimately’ on IMDB. Just because those are the rules doesn’t make it right.

Comment

It must be two or three years since I added Jack Sharp, to the Imdb, so it's unlikely he would be taken off now.
                      I think Imdb like you to have a track record of adding material to their site. So if you have plenty of entries and provided they are not erroneous, they will look at your submissions, including non credited extras.
                      Cully if you want to send me a message listing Pamela's credits and if possible role attributions, or just list them in a reply, I'll see if they let me enter them.

Comment

Both Hyma Beckley & Jack Sharpe are currently shown in the web interface, with all of their appearances as (uncredited). Some of their appearances go back to the 1930s when they didn't used to list everyone in the credits. There's another IMDb rule that says that anyone with very old credits can still be listed even if they are all uncredited.

As I said, it helps to read the rules, whatever you think of them, them's the rules!

Pauline Chamberlain is currently shown as credited in Bread & some other TV shows so all of her uncredited work is also shown

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                          It must be two or three years since I added Jack Sharp, to the Imdb, so it's unlikely he would be taken off now.
                          I think Imdb like you to have a track record of adding material to their site. So if you have plenty of entries and provided they are not erroneous, they will look at your submissions, including non credited extras.
                          Cully if you want to send me a message listing Pamela's credits and if possible role attributions, or just list them in a reply, I'll see if they let me enter them.
                          Tigon, I only know of 3 but I have input them today. I do have a track record of entries although not so much in recent years. One year I flooded the IMDB with so many updates that Col Needham mentioned me in despatches at the end of the year! I misunderstood his Christian name and, while thanking him, referred to him as Colonel...

Comment

The two sisters both appear in The 39 Steps and I Only Arsked!

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
                              The two sisters both appear in The 39 Steps and I Only Arsked!
                              Thanks, Phil, I've already uploaded the latter and have noted to do the former when/if IMDB play ball.

Comment

I wonder what happened to Pamela. Unlike Pauline, she probably got married and left the business, wonder if she is still with us at 86?

Comment

Working...
                                X