Pauline Chamberlain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
    I wonder what happened to Pamela. Unlike Pauline, she probably got married and left the business, wonder if she is still with us at 86?
    One of our number met Pauline a few years ago and I'm sure the subject would have come up. Can't recall his username. Was he an American?

Comment

When Pauline was eventually named and then found I think Scott Palmer spoke with her and I think he said Pamela was still alive.

Comment

Hi all. I don't know if this has already been found by someone else, but I think I've spotted Pauline in 'The Man Who Had Power Over Women' from 1970.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pauline Man who Had Power Over Women.png
Views:	154
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	71925
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ingyant View Post
          Hi all. I don't know if this has already been found by someone else, but I think I've spotted Pauline in 'The Man Who Had Power Over Women' from 1970.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pauline Man who Had Power Over Women.png
Views:	154
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	71925
          Thanks, ingyant, that has already been noted and added to the IMDB. Well spotted, though!

Comment

Originally posted by cully View Post

Thanks, ingyant, that has already been noted and added to the IMDB. Well spotted, though!
            Doh, sorry! I thought I'd checked IMDB, but obviously not hard enough..

Comment

Never mind, we love Pauline on Britmovie and it's always a pleasure when she get's a mention.
              Still going strong, the much loved Miss Chamberlain turns 87 on October 2nd.

Comment

One of my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan) View Post
                  One of my favourites.
                  Me too. Loved to have known them in the early 50s!

Comment

Originally posted by cully View Post
                    !

Me too. Loved to have known them in the early 50s!
                    When I said "them" I, of course, meant both sisters!

Comment

Me too. Would like to know more about them, especially Pauline.

Comment

Pauline must have many admirers during her day. Bet an autobiography would be an interesting read..
                        We know she's never married and has lived in the same house in Palmers Green North London, for many years.
                        I think she was a carer for her Mother and worked as a Secretary between film jobs.

Comment

Pamela Chamberlain appears on the 1939 Register of people living in England/Wales at that date. It indicates that she later changed her surname to Wigley. Records show that Pamela Chamberlain married Maelgwyn Mathias Wigley in 1979. Maelgwyn was born in Wales in 1928 and died in Chingford in 2009. It appears that Pamela was his third wife.

Electoral records show Pamela Wigley living in Chingford as of 2018.

In December 1961, the Daily Mirror reported on a house fire in Finsbury Park. It says that Police-Constable Maelgwyn Wigley, aged 33, helped to rescue several occupants.

E.

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
                            Pamela Chamberlain appears on the 1939 Register of people living in England/Wales at that date. It indicates that she later changed her surname to Wigley. Records show that Pamela Chamberlain married Maelgwyn Mathias Wigley in 1979. Maelgwyn was born in Wales in 1928 and died in Chingford in 2009. It appears that Pamela was his third wife.

Electoral records show Pamela Wigley living in Chingford as of 2018.

In December 1961, the Daily Mirror reported on a house fire in Finsbury Park. It says that Police-Constable Maelgwyn Wigley, aged 33, helped to rescue several occupants.

E.
                            Well done for gleaning all that info, Euryale. Both married late in life at 51 and 47 respectively. Good to know also that both the Chamberlain sister are still with us.

Comment

I know it's rare for me to have a sighting but I've got one now. Woman with flowers at church film show in No Sex we're British. Added to IMDB.

Comment

Working...
                              X