Pauline Chamberlain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicely put Tony.
    She was lovely wasn't she. I bet she could have written a lovely gossipy biography of her career, she must have had loads of admirers amongst the big names she worked with.
    Pauline was one of the last f our extra's from what I would call the golden age, from the 40's to the 70's.
    Sadly not many of those folk around now. I can only think off hand of Harry Fielder, Harry Van Engel and Jill Goldston, who are still around.

RIP Lovely Pauline

Comment

• Very sadly, Aitch (Harry Fielder) has passed away since the above post.

Belated condolences to Pauline's family, friends, and fans. One of the most popular extras here.

It was actually Dave Gogarty (alias wellendcanons) who first brought her to our attention, at the 'Can anyone identify two extras?' thread back in 2009. Interest in the other young woman soon waned as we became more intrigued by frequent sightings, notably in episodes of The Saint. The frustration of not knowing her surname went on for years. Alas, 'wellend' had already left the old forum by the time it was revealed so we couldn't share the good news with him.

The Actors Compendium and Movie Dude's website are missing Pauline's appearance in the recently-seen Anastasia (1956). They can use this image if they want. As illustrated in Gerald's posts at both of the 'Sighted' threads, most of the recognisable extras are seen at a distance (more frustration). If anyone has a Blu-Ray copy I hope they can improve upon this closer view:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pauline Chamberlain in Anastasia.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	98148

Looking back at past sightings, I regard The Criminal as the most disappointing (out of focus
      in a nightclub scene with Jill Bennett) and this classic shot from Jason King as my favourite:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Terence Conoley and Pauline Chamberlain in Jason King - A Kiss for a Beautiful Killer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.1 KB ID:	98149

With Terence Conoley and Peter Wyngarde in the episode A Kiss for a Beautiful Killer (1972).

R.I.P., Pauline. A Britmovie legend, for sure.

Last edited by cornershop15; 10 February 2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Pauline's obituary is in today's Daily Telegraph (20th February). Never married. Tragically, she died of Covid.
        RIP to a beautiful lady.

Comment

• cornershop15
          cornershop15 commented
          Editing a comment
          As sad as this is, it's good to know you're still here, cully. I feared the worst when you weren't around to pay tribute to not only Pauline (when the announcement was made) but also Margaret Nolan a few months ago, and most recently your other favourites Barbara Windsor and Trisha Noble. Look on the bright side, they will be joining many other beloved stars. Did you know about Aitch?

We have to subscribe to read the Daily Telegraph article. Hopefully someone will post it at Pauline's obituary thread.

• 'The Prisoner' - 'Hammer into Anvil' - Pauline?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-00531.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	98912Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-00532.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	98913

Comment

• And here she is again in the same costume in 'The Chimes of Big Ben'

'Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-00541.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	98915

Comment

• I'd say she's Pauline.

Comment

• Tigon Man
              Tigon Man commented
              Editing a comment
              It's def the much missed Pauline.

• In "The Chimes of Big Ben", Pauline's also in the exhibition sequence.

Comment

Working...
            X