Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

John Tatum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Tatum

Just watched The Third Alibi (1961) with Laurence Payne and I thought I saw John Tatum playing a Police Fingerprint Man. Despite going over the scene several times, I'm not sure it's him as it's just a quick side on view.
    Can anybody who's seen the film confirm it's the great stone face?

I have Pat Ryan down as a forensics man in that one, but don't have John included in the cast. Can you let me know how far into the film the scene is and I'll have another look.

Comment

This must be the shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	e5837113-7c1c-4f06-8e71-79c60357b499_zpsvaz2e419.png
Views:	1
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	17544

Looks possibly like Joyful John to me.

Comment

That's the right scene Gerald.
        The hair and the profile look right for John.

Comment

Lady Chatterley's Lover (1981)

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post

Lady Chatterley's Lover (1981)
            I take it John was not in the title role.

Comment

You can see it was a close call in casting between John, Nicolas Clay, Ian McShane and Oliver Reed

Comment

Watching Hammer's Curse of the Mummy's Tomb on the Horror Channel, can anyone confirm if that was John as one of the Constable's tending to a stricken Terence Morgan and then trying unsuccessfully to arrest the Mummy towards the end of the film.
                Going back to the 'Sighted' archive mentions only George Hilsdon, but I'm fairly sure it was John as the copper, I think Ernie Rice also appears as well, as a scene shifter at the Mummy exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                  Watching Hammer's Curse of the Mummy's Tomb on the Horror Channel, can anyone confirm if that was John as one of the Constable's tending to a stricken Terence Morgan and then trying unsuccessfully to arrest the Mummy towards the end of the film.
                  Going back to the 'Sighted' archive mentions only George Hilsdon, but I'm fairly sure it was John as the copper, I think Ernie Rice also appears as well, as a scene shifter at the Mummy exhibition.
                  I had a quick look at the scenes, Tigon Man, and although it is Ernie Rice (and pipe!) as a scene shifter, plus George Curtis, Maxwell Craig and Tony Thawnton as various backstage workers, the policemen aren't John Tatum or George Hilsdon. George I think is a reporter earlier on and the non-speaking policeman near the end is Fred Davis.

Comment

In Scott Palmer's excellent 'British Horror Films of the 1960's', John Tatum is listed as 'Police Sergeant' and George Hilsdon as 'Audience Member'.

Comment

The sergeant does look like John, but it isn't him - too chubby-faced and not nearly miserable enough:

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-12-16-18h17m28s041.png
Size:	383.0 KB
ID:	51584

Comment

Gerald There's an earlier scene at the home of Terence Morgan, after he has been attacked by the Mummy and Jeanne Roland has fainted on the landing. The Constable by the door I thought was John Tatum.

Comment

I haven't seen a listing for John's appearance in A Night to Remember (1958), it is fleeting about 24 minutes in he is walking left to right across the Palm Court room with George Holdcroft.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                            Gerald There's an earlier scene at the home of Terence Morgan, after he has been attacked by the Mummy and Jeanne Roland has fainted on the landing. The Constable by the door I thought was John Tatum.
                            Yes, there he is, as cheerful as ever :

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-12-17-10h57m06s525.png
Size:	468.6 KB
ID:	51602

Sprinting through the film to get to the above scene, I saw Tony Castleton and Pat Gorman also as reporters in the audience at the show.

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
                              I haven't seen a listing for John's appearance in A Night to Remember (1958), it is fleeting about 24 minutes in he is walking left to right across the Palm Court room with George Holdcroft.
                              I ran through the scene you mentioned Philly, I noticed several old favourites including Pauline Chamberlain, Ernest Blythe and Victor Harrington, but didn't see John.
                              There were however two men right of the back of one of the shots walking across the Palm Court room, but they were too far away and indistinct for identification.

Comment

Working...
                              X