No announcement yet.

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great spotting! That’s Guy without a doubt. He looks like he’s right in the action here. Does he have dialogue?
    Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 2nd October 2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Sadly, no dialogue, but the role is important. It is what used to be known in TV as a Walk-On. The part is essential but has no speaking. The reactions and position are very important to the scene and needs to be given to someone reliable. Walk-Ons have to interract with the lead charactors, carry out business and actually "act", whereas Extras are typically in the background and are not expected to have specific duties other than to stand or walk about.
      The series is on YouTube and Guy's scenes start at 12:57 (does not return after 17.00) on this clip;
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU5kCRyulJ8
      Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 2nd October 2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• A good description of what Guy often did StoneAgeMan. A great sighting.

Comment

• I've submitted the entry to IMDb for consideration.

Comment

• I just watched the modified version of the same film, edited down for theatrical release abroad, titled "The Quatermass Conclusion"(1979), and although it is a lot shorter than four one-hour episodes, Guy's role is largely intact. So I've submitted this to IMDb too.

Comment

• Great stuff. I rremember when he had about 70 credits on IMDB and now he has over 200 more. I think I will post the other titles he worked on and see if anyone else can spot him. Some of these are obscure and someone might have it in their collection and others are films/tv I watched but failed to spot him.

Comment

• I've just watched Sink The Bismarck again for Guys performance, he's a Yeoman on The King George V. I've submitted the entry to Imdb.

Comment

• IMDb has updated to include both the Quatermass credits - and the Sink The Bismarck too.
                  Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 3rd October 2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Thank you gentleman. I think he will spotted in things for some time to come.

Comment

• Indeed he puts in a 2 second appearance as a bank employee in Loophole (1981). Not the best image I know, but it is Guy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Guy Standeven - Loophole.JPG Views:	1 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	62882

Comment

• I'm sure it is Guy. I've just watched the clip, the pipe, hairline, nose. It's Guy. When you know his face you can spot him even in a blur. Overseas Press Club - The Man who Changed Faces as an SS Guard is another new one. This is from 1957.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	1 Size:	482.6 KB ID:	62889
                        Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 11th October 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• I was just going through his IMDb listing to see if he was on any films with my friend Renee Glynne (continuity). I was surprised to find only a couple of his appearances matched up to her work. He currently has 273 credits listed, to her 153. Was he mainly associated with a particular studio? Is there a geographical element to his availability?

Comment

• Well he lived in Hampton Wick and drove so I guess he filmed most of his stuff in and around London. He worked for anyone and everyone.

Comment

• Both entries submitted to Imdb.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1D04D764-9CC1-4CB1-98B4-DB196A6C9C08.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	63097 In 1974 Guy was in several plays as part of the Observers Young Playwrights Competition at the Royal Court. In Errand he played Flannagan an old man ( though he was only 46 at the time) whose grasp of reality is fading. His co-star was a young Patrick ( Mickey Pearce in Only Fools and Horses) Murray who also wrote one of the other plays as seen on the book cover here. More on this, and what the playwright thought of Guy's performance, when my book Who’s that Guy? is finished.
                                Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 18th October 2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X