No announcement yet.

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	4C497C2C-7084-4870-AD9F-CBA729F6C979.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	72574 I recently received the theatre programme for Guys appearance as Gilbert Grass in the 1971 production of Robert Bolts Flowering Cherry. His credits in the notes list him as narrator on The Legend of the Witches (1970). Sure enough if you pop along to YouTube you can watch the whole thing. He doesn’t make the credits but he’s now been added to its IMDB page. It’s a great example of what a strong, sonerous voice he had.
    Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 14th June 2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Not much from Guy lately, but is it him as a Police Constable about 15 mins in to Charlie Drake's The Cracksman (1963)?
      Watched it on TPTV so no screengrab. It certainly looks like him, but the face is a bit thin, so not 100% sure.
      Can anyone confirm? it's not listed on his Imdb record.

Comment

• What I do for a screen cap if it’s on TV is pause the programme, take a photo on my mobile and then crop the picture and save it. Then you can upload it from your mobile to this site. Anyway hopefully someone has watched it and can up load a picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
          Not much from Guy lately, but is it him as a Police Constable about 15 mins in to Charlie Drake's The Cracksman (1963)?
          Watched it on TPTV so no screengrab. It certainly looks like him, but the face is a bit thin, so not 100% sure.
          Can anyone confirm? it's not listed on his Imdb record.
          I've had a look around that timeframe, but no sign of Guy. Which scene did you see him in?

Comment

• The scene in the posh house that Dennis Price cons Charlie into breaking into.
            Charlie is watching TV and smoking a cigar, when the police burst in and arrest him.
            Guy or the Guy lookalike, is one of the policemen.

Comment

• Just looked through that scene, but no sign of Guy. The sergeant is Bill Westley and two of the three constables are Fred Davis and Jeff Silk. The third one sadly isn't Guy.

Comment

• Thanks Gerald, I wasn't convinced it was Guy.
                Jim Brady though has plenty of air time, as one of Domino's (Eddie Byrne) henchman. He even gets a spot of singing, alongside Byrne, George Sanders, Fred Haggerty and Charlie Drake!
                George Hilsdon I think also makes a fleeting appearance, but he's in the distance, so it's hard to tell for sure.

Comment

• I'm certain this has come up before, but I couldn't resist this lovely close-up courtesy of director Douglas Camfield:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-08-13-19h48m59s770.png
Views:	168
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	76171

Guy gets a fairly substantial role and lots of dialogue as the indecisive Mr. Blandford in PUBLIC EYE "The Windsor Royal".

Comment

• Spotted Guy in an episode of CATS EYES , ep is on YouTube

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	948970F9-21EB-43ED-8EE7-7380F779FD8A.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	79082 As spotted by Phil. Guy as a man getting off a plane in The Tamarind Seed from 1974.

Comment

Name:	B6821E3F-D031-4622-BA13-A5A9C06F9912.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	79642Click image for larger version

Name:	AAF6A28A-C448-48B0-8FD5-54F02F0FC9BE.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	79641 I contacted Talking Pictures TV and asked them if they could put Guys name on the listings for their screening of Legend of the Witches and they have! Tonight for Halloween and look who’s thanked in the BFI booklet for the recent release of said documentary.

Comment

• Well done, Marcus!

Comment

• Thanks Gerald. Possibly the most tenuous claim to fame you could imagine! It still pleases me though.

Comment

Name:	Percy - Guy Standeven.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	79933

Guy as a Reporter at London Airport in Percy (1971)

Comment

Working...
                              X