Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4165.JPG Views:	1 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	5977Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4164.JPG Views:	1 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	5976 The Wings of the Dove is another 1997 film of Guy's. Here he gets a good close up before and during Helena Bonham Carters entrance to a book shop. I'm not sure if he's a customer or the proprietor. He's reading a newspaper so he's probably a customer. Pipe included.

Comment

Another great siting Stonfan. I'll add him to Imdb as 'Man in Bookshop'.

Comment

Great thanks and Surviving Picasso on the other page?

Comment

Didn't see the Picasso one. Have now submitted it.

Comment

Cheers mate. His IMDB page is looking great.

Comment

I'm going to have one more crack at convincing you that this is Guy in Scrooge playing Ministers Cat (his cat is a ludicrous cat) He's bewigged and with moustache but I'm sure its him. The voice is recognizably his also.
              Watch the clip on YouTube as its even clearer in motion. Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture9.png Views:	1 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	6272
              Last edited by Stonfan; 7th June 2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Curiously Stonfan even before seeing your last plea, I've been studying the picture again over the last few days and had changed my opinion. Yes it is Guy, I will add it to Imdb.

Comment

My plea has been answered! Thank you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture10.png
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	6523
                    From Man Accused, as mentioned by Dave W yesterday, here's Guy at the party on the far right. Is this a good enough picture Tigon Man for IMDB?

Comment

Thanks Stonfan, I couldn't get a grab of him that was clear enough. If you watch the film, it's obvious it's him, though.

From The Harrowgate Herald's "Wednesday Gossip," 25 September 1946:

"I had a chat with Guy Standeven the other day. he became associated with the White Rose Players in February, 1944, and left last May to join the West Riding Theatre. Now he is to join a different company - the Army - and his many friends at Harrowgate will wish him every success. It is to his credit that he is a Yorkshireman, for he was born in Scarborough, though he only remained there a few months."

Here's a nice ittle photo from The Stage, 06 September 1988:

Comment

I'll add Man Accused to Guy's Imdb record.

Comment

Great photo Dave and News story, cheers. I've said it before but of all the extras he had the most interesting career. Eclectic to say the least. Theatre, film, TV, voice overs, training films. He did it all. Clearly a professional actor who did a lot of extra work. Seemingly the Piglet Files was his last credited speaking part and then tons of extra work. He fascinates me for some reason. I've spoke to some his co-stars, assistant directors etc and everyone says he was a delightful chap.

Comment

While looking through the British newspapers, I found a lot of references to his stage appearances, starting in 1945, when he was just 17. I think of all our familiar extras, he's the one that was a true actor. Just odd he didn't do more; he definitely had a presence and knew how to act. But he seems to have been happy, and I am always delighted to see him on screen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	38387 Here's Guy in episode 3 of Harry Enfield and Chums from 1994. He plays a hospital patient who Smashy and Nicey fail to realize has died!

Comment

Here's confirmation that it is indeed Guy in Superman in these stills from an extended version of this scene. Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture3.png
Views:	2
Size:	619.3 KB
ID:	38531
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X