Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be the image, but Guy looks a bit odd in those photos, the eyes look a bit glazed and he has a mark on his nose. Not the most flattering image of Mr Standeven, but as you say difficult to screencap.

Comment

He does look odd, yes. Its all the movement. Its easier to see its him watching the clip (its on YOUTUBE)

Comment

A nice shot of Guy as a detective by the Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre in The Strange Affair (1968) with George A. Cooper and Artro Morris, all looking concerned rather than strange:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-10-22-11h01m33s913.png Views:	1 Size:	426.7 KB ID:	40813

Guy can be seen several times in the film (in the same role for once) and gets some dialogue with William Sully at one point, although I'm not sure if he's dubbed or not.

Comment

Great picture of the prolific Mr Standeven.
          Last edited by Stonfan; 22nd October 2017, 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Here's a rather poor quality picture of Guy in Murphy's Stroke from 1980. He's a club member in this. I've included a picture of him in the Robins Nest (Great Expectations) from the same year to compare the likeness.
            Murphy's Stroke
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	1
Size:	704.5 KB
ID:	43438 Robin's Nest

Name:	Picture1.png
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	43439

Comment

Yep that's Guy.
              Looks like he's wearing the same jacket and tie combo in both pictures.
              Now submitted to Imdb.

Comment

Thanks to Tigon Man, Gerald, my good self and all the other people who discovered Guy's appearances and posted them on this site and the old one his IMDB credits now stand at over 200 appearances. Quite impressive.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture2.png Views:	2 Size:	345.6 KB ID:	46528
                  1997 gave us another glimpse of the old Guy in Firelight. He's very much in the background as an old waiter but he's sporting the same beard he had from other films of that year.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture3.png Views:	1 Size:	330.2 KB ID:	46529Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture4.png Views:	1 Size:	445.3 KB ID:	46530
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stonfan; 8th December 2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Don’t have a pic at the moment , but Guy played a policeman in The professionals ep “Old Dog New Tricks” his scenes were filmed in the Police Station , St Leonard’s rd , Windsor , police moved out in 1981 building still there

Comment

That's the one professionals episode he was in that I don't have a picture of funnily enough.

Comment

This is definitely Guy in Florence Nightingale. Here he's sporting the same unusual beard he had in that year's (1985) Reunion at Fairbourgh. This picture is from Moviedudes website in the unknown extras section so I take no claim for this picture only identifying him as Guy.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	51268

Movidude must have read this post and changed his website as he now has Guy named on his Florence Nightingale page. Your welcome Moviedude, no need to thank me. x x
                        Last edited by Stonfan; 8th December 2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

What Role is Guy playing in Florence Nightingale? He looks like a Chelsea Pensioner!

Comment

According to Moviedudes website he's a soldier.

Comment

Name:	Picture2.png
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	52414 Here's the first Guy Standeven picture of 2018. As a music hall spectator in Young Charlie Chaplain (1989) Good closeup in this one.
                              Last edited by Stonfan; 8th January 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Which episode is this from Marcus? So I can add it to Imdb.
                                Firelight submitted to Imdb
                                Last edited by Tigon Man; 8th January 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X