Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while but here's my latest Guy find. In the first episode of Fortunes of War (1987) he plays a french hotel receptionist. You see him from behind at first and the voice is certainly not his alas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	54758

Comment

On the opposite end of the spectrum here's a hard to see Guy in Yes Prime Minister|: The Patron of the Arts (1988) In this case I think its his own voice as the master of ceremonies at this social function,

Name:	Picture2.png
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	54761Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture3.png
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	54762

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is Guy at a fair in The Day the Earth Caught Fire from 1961.

Size:	511.5 KB
ID:	54937Click image for larger version

Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	54938

Comment

In the fifth episode of Hannay (1988) called Act of Riot our Guy plays a bailiff or a clerk. Well he gets to say 'all rise' in a Scottish accent. My instincts say this is not dubbed but it's hard to tell as it's in a long shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	1 Size:	520.2 KB ID:	54960
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture2.png Views:	1 Size:	254.8 KB ID:	54961
          It's on Youtube, except the sixth episode and series 2 in case anyone want's to watch it. Reg Thomason is in the first and third episodes as different people but I didn't screen-cap it as I only focus on Guy.
          Last edited by Stonfan; 13th March 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Stonfan, there are no bailiffs in Scottish courts, so as this looks like a Sheriff Court scene, Guy would be playing the Sheriff Clerk (although it's normally the court officer and not the Sheriff Clerk who says, not "all rise", but "court!"). I hope that's not a gavel I see beside the Sheriff . . .

Comment

You are a knowledgeable man Gerald.

Comment

Def Guy in The Day The Earth Caught Fire. What is he playing a Fairground Worker?
                Are you sure Marcus that it's Guy in that Hannay clip? The face and hair (what there is of it) don't look right.

Comment

I’m sure it’s him. I always look at what he looked like in something he made the same year. His Fish Called Wanda picture is very similar. Plus Hannay is on the list of credits I have for him.

Comment

A year after his first appearance in Jeeves and Wooster, Guy returned with a more substantial part as Sir Roderick Glossop's butler in the episode The Mysterious Stranger. He was unlucky not to get credited here as he has two lines delivered with his customary brilliance. Thanks to my good friend Moviedude for posting this sighting on his website but because he doesn't post on here anymore I didn't want this appearance to get lost. I have used my own screen-caps from Youtube instead of nicking his.

Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	55374

Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	55375

Comment

• Also I have been told by his agent (Ray Knight) that he was also in Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less, The Madness of King George,The Jackal, After Henry, Mr.Bean, One Foot in the Grave,
                      Tomorrow Never Lies and many more. I've tried to find these but with regards the sitcoms it's difficult as a) I don't know what episodes they are and b) they aren't all online so if anyone has these on DVD and wants to have a look here's a challenge for you!

Comment

• Marcus according to Aveleyman, Guy was also in Batman from 1989. Do you have a screen grab from that one?

Comment

• No, but I also heard he was in Batman. I have looked for him but with no luck but I will try again.
                          Last edited by Stonfan; 28th March 2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7D594EA4-08D5-4050-880C-83D15DD67B85.jpeg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	55939Click image for larger version

Name:	458A2F92-E935-47F5-AB6F-FC25B176D261.jpeg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	55938 Guy is definitely in 1987’s Hope and Glory and I think this is him comforting a distraught mother at a train station during evacuation.

Name:	C460AA94-1BEC-4C1E-B102-20258A733C9B.jpeg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	55937

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	4FAA4D9F-DB00-4CBD-9521-47FA119593C3.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	55959Click image for larger version  Name:	C77F2C49-2A51-4FF9-9D0E-8936E64ACA4E.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	55960Click image for larger version  Name:	7F97C914-0FCE-487F-BBB4-49B837904440.png Views:	1 Size:	657.4 KB ID:	55958Click image for larger version  Name:	D9EAAA0F-549D-428A-9848-FDFDA97CA593.png Views:	1 Size:	503.3 KB ID:	55957 Whilst looking for Guy in Bean (1997) I found Alan Harris and Reg Thomason. In the same scene there is a Guy lookalike ( or is it Guy) who looks the same age and smokes a pipe but I’m not sure at all. In some shots I think it’s him and others not at all. What do other forum members think?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Stonfan; 11th April 2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Not Guy, but there is a resemblance.
                                What role are Reg and co playing around the committee table?

Comment

Working...
                                X