Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Guy Standeven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, probably not Guy. Reg and Alan are on the board of directors of the National Art Gallery.
    Last edited by Stonfan; 12th April 2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• This, however, is definitely Guy despite the poor quality of the pictures. . This is also on the list of titles I have for him unlike Bean. He's a dinner guest in this one and has a line but it's overdubbed in a polish version on Youtube. It is from 1992's TV movie Duel of Hearts.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	56109Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	56110

Comment

• Here's a much better picture of Guy in 1984's Lace (episode 1) As for role attribution he's in a meeting with Nicolas Grace who plays a cancer researcher. Perhaps he's on the board of directors.

Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	56230

Comment

• Something a little more prestigious than Barbara Cartland and Shirley Conran adaptions was the 1983 film The Ploughman's Lunch. Guy is in several scenes (no lines however) as a BBC radio journalist. Seen here with pipe and glasses and without.

Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	56264Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	56265

Comment

• If anyone googled Guy Standeven and came across Moviedudes website or the Actors Compendium they would think Guy did nothing after 1989/1991. I have provided plenty of images of Guy post 1989/1991 on this website that have not made it onto those two fine websites. As well as lots of older appearances as well. Gentlemen, please feel free to use them all so Guy's legacy can grow and grow. Any reason why you have not used these images?
            Last edited by Stonfan; 30th April 2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Hear Hear Marcus, lets get Guy better known to the public.
              To the Dude and Dave and the guys at Aveleyman, it's over to you.

Comment

• I've decided to stop using Stonfan as my name and use my real name, Marcus Heslop instead.

Comment

• And yet... I still want to know how to correctly pronounce "Standeven"

Comment

• I will find out today by contacting one of my many contacts who knew and adored the man.
                    Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 2nd May 2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• StoneAgeMan
                      StoneAgeMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, Marcus.

• Drum Roll please.....His name is pronounced..... Stand Even. This is the general opinion from those that knew him (well the three AD's who replied)

Comment

• The bells shall ring, let the crowds be jubilant, for now we can sing his praises in full voice, without hesitation. Thanks again, Marcus.

Comment

• Today is declared National Guy Standeven Day. Parades and floats full of people dressed as Guy’s best characters, Man in lift, passerby, Sir Guy Craknell, taxi/bus driver, Elector of Baravia, Man in bookshop, Granitas, Stanhope and loads of priests, Vicars and dury members.
                        Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 2nd May 2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• For some bizarre reason neither Dave W or my good friend Moviedude are interested in using my Guy images. Despite the quality of some of them being far superior to SOME of the existing pictures on their sites. Ah well, if they wish to have Guy’s credits incomplete and out of date so be it. This is particularly sad as yesterday was Guy Standeven Day and the streets of Harrogate and Hampton Wick were full of the most wonderful floats and parades. As the leading self appointed expert on Guy I was honoured to award the best Guy costume to a lovely little lad called Freddie Holden who stole the show as ‘Man with Flowers’ who beautifully recreated Guys scene stealing role from A Clockwork Orange.

Comment

• To be fair, if people uploaded all the captures of Guy, the internet would probably die. Perhaps one pic for each decade of his work.

Comment

• Oh I agree, I wouldn’t expect them to use all of them. Just a few to suggest a flavour of his later work. It’s a personal thing, I think because any other images by any other forum user ( that shows Guy such as Women in Black) finds its way onto their sites.

Comment

Working...
                              X