Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Reg Thomason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Thomason

I think there should be a thread devoted to Reg the Actor, one of the most active and distinctive extras and small part players in a career that started in Great Expectations in 1946 and he was still working in 2000 in The Last of the Blonde Bombshells. Here he is as a 1951 Conservative Party candidate in 84 Charing Cross Road (1986):

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-01-06-09h32m56s455.png
Views:	1
Size:	512.9 KB
ID:	52238Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-01-06-09h33m11s926.png
Views:	1
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	52239

No doubt Reg was standing in the Effingham constituency.

Gerald I believe you have access to the Squire's diaries?
    Were they appointment diaries listing trips to Pinewood, Shepperton etc .Did Reg comment on any of the films or telly he was in, written in his own salty style?
    Perhaps you could put one of the diary pages on here on Reg's page, so we can all get the flavour of the Squire of Effingham!

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have Reg's diaries and am only privy to some of the information from them. I don't think he made any comments on the jobs and some of the titles he listed were working ones. Reg lost his diaries covering about 1953 to 1956 so any sightings of him during that period would be very valuable to have.

Comment

When looking for Guy Standeven in various things Reg pops up all the time. In Bramwell, The Return of Sam McCloud, Nuns on the Run and the above mentioned 84 Charing Cross Road for example. He was incredibly prolific.

Comment

Do you have screengrabs for the above Marcus? Is Reg going to be your next project after Guy?

Comment

I do and I will post them ASAP. Reg could be my next project, yes maybe. I’m still getting loads of info on Guy. I even have a picture of his mother and his baby photo!

Comment

Working...
            X