A few more

Alan Flynn

Jack Gaffney

Charles Gilliard
    1915-1993

Dickie Gill

Richard Garcia
    (IX) at IMDb

Mabel Goldborne 1882-1967 she is hopefully one of the elderly unknowns at Movie Dude

Iain Gregory Not to be confused with the character actor of the same name

Rex Holland

Alf Hurley

Tommy Higgins

Comment

Charles Gilliard in The Fenn Street Gang (1971)?:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles Gilliard, possibly, in The Fenn Street Gang - The Thin Yellow Line.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	81814

Comment

• philly
        philly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks cornershop, it seems to be Richard Gregory that, i wonder if he used two names like many background artists did?
        I have just found out that Arthur Sandifer also went by Andre Ducane.

• philly
        philly commented
        Editing a comment
        I can confirm that this isn't actually the actor we have long thought was Richard Gregory, he IS actually Charles Gilliard.
        Thanks agin cornershop!

Ernie Priest aka Ernest Priest

A Policeman in Green Fingers (1947), i couldn't make him out though.
      A Stage Door Keeper in Woman to Woman (1947) i can't source a copy of this film
      Unattributed in Seven Days to Noon, i noted several uncredited character parts in this, there is an extensive extended cast list for this, UM63 plays a character part, a Train Guard with dialogue, is UM63 Ernie Priest
      Scott Palmer has kindly told that he is has Ernie in Odd Man Out and No Room at the Inn as well, he noted that UM63 is in these as well.

It seems that the long unknown UM63 could be Ernie Priest who died around 1967/8

Comment

IMDb seen to identify John Gordon as The Surgeon in The Vicious Circle (1957), the said surgeon is clearly UM5 in the film, can anyone confirm or deny that John is indeed UM5 or not,

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
          A few more

Alan Flynn

Jack Gaffney

Charles Gilliard
          1915-1993

Dickie Gill

Richard Garcia
          (IX) at IMDb

Mabel Goldborne 1882-1967 she is hopefully one of the elderly unknowns at Movie Dude

Iain Gregory Not to be confused with the character actor of the same name

Rex Holland

Alf Hurley

Tommy Higgins
          Thanks to Scott Palmer who has told me Tommy Higgins and Tommy Windward are one and the same.

Comment

Ernie Priest aka Ernest Priest

A Policeman in Green Fingers (1947), i couldn't make him out though.
            A Stage Door Keeper in Woman to Woman (1947) i can't source a copy of this film
            Unattributed in Seven Days to Noon, i noted several uncredited character parts in this, there is an extensive extended cast list for this, UM63 plays a character part, a Train Guard with dialogue, is UM63 Ernie Priest
            Scott Palmer has kindly told that he is has Ernie in Odd Man Out and No Room at the Inn as well, he noted that UM63 is in these as well.

It seems that the long unknown UM63 could be Ernie Priest who died around 1967/8
            Scott Palmer has confirmed that UM63 is Ernie Priest, his page is up at Movie-Dude now.

Comment

Thanks to Anthony McKay i have been able to confirm the identity of Carry on Sergeant's Terry Dickenson, he is actually Terry Dickinson, his page is now up at Movie-Dude.com.

Comment

My first subject is Reg De Beer also known as Reggie De Beer

He was a founder member of the Film Artistes Guild (FAG) in 1927, he had appeared in silent films.

Up to 1935 he was Casting Director of the Film Artistes Association (FAA) which was the successor to the FAG , he casted up to 5.000 extras for films and he 'Knew Type'.

In 1935 he became a talent spotter and discovered Camilla Erwin and Penelope Dudley-Ward.

He appeared in 'The Wishbone' in 1933 (may be a lost film, the BFI don't have a copy).

He was an active supporting artiste in films in the mid 60's, so must have had at least a 45 to 50 year career

Could he be Movie Dude's Unknown Male 29? Gerald Lovell's ' Gerald Lawson's Dad'

Massive thanks to Dave Wright for much of the above information.
                Happy to announce that Reggie De Beer is Movie Dude's Unknown Male 8, a longtime unknown, thanks to Gerald Lovell for help with this identification.

Comment

Re: Anna Cameron

Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
                  A faint hope she's one of the distant figures in the courtroom [in Life for Ruth].

Finally got there, three weeks later. If that;s not her, I don't think she's in the film:

Name:	Anna Cameron, possibly, with Michael Craig in Life for Ruth.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	96615

With Michael Craig

Movie Dude's page

Comment

Re: Charles Gilliard

Better known than we thought!:

Name:	Charles Gilliard - Kensington Post, 7th July 1972.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	97210

Kensington Post, 7th July 1972

Is the West 12 Shopping Centre ("formerly the Concorde Centre") the same building as The Shepherds Bush Centre?

Comment

Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
                      Re: Charles Gilliard

Better known than we thought!:

Name:	Charles Gilliard - Kensington Post, 7th July 1972.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	97210

Kensington Post, 7th July 1972

Is the West 12 Shopping Centre ("formerly the Concorde Centre") the same building as The Shepherds Bush Centre?
                      Blimey, I wonder how big the crowds were.

Comment

Funny you should ask that, Gerald. He was "packing them in" eight years earlier:

Name:	The Stage, 26th March 1964.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	97215

The Stage, 26th March 1964

I thought I'd keep the other article to highlight the contrast between
                        hysterical pop fans & onlookers at the National Coal Board gathering.

Several revelations about Mr. Gilliard there. Like fellow extra Ivor Spencer, he was a toastmaster, had a creepy "human dummy" act and a famous (at the time) mentor in Fred Archer. I'm trying to find out if he's the same Charles Gilliard who regularly wrote letters to the Harrow Observer. If so, he lived in Eastcoat Lane.

Comment

Eastcote Lane, not "Eastcoat".

Posting attachments this time as I've taken up so much space today. The article is from the Harrow Observer again (1st June 1971). Charles Gilliard died in Harrow and his age here, 56, tallies with the year of birth at IMDb so it's definitely the same man. He was an antique dealer as well as a "human dummy" and toastmaster? Wow.

What's more, he's wearing his toastmaster gear in these old screencaps from one of my favourite TV shows, Moody and Pegg. Cast regulars Tony Selby and Judy Cornwell are with Charles in the second image. Is the other gentleman his real-life colleague Howell James, by any chance?:
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's Fred Berman, cornershop, a colleague in both extra work an toastmastering or is it toasting?
                            the latter is also a Jamaican rap.

Comment

• cornershop15
                              cornershop15 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You brought to mind an actor who was in the film version of 'Please Sir!'. I had to be reminded - he's actually Fred Beauman.

Fred Berman I don't know at all.

John De Marco

Doctor Who fans might recognise this extra's name but the only image of I have seen online is
                            rather indistinct. These are slightly better. Coincidentally, all three appearances were in 1969:

Name:	John De Marco comparisons.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	97735

'Chef-Carver' in the ITV play Emlyn , 'Workman' in Curry and Chips, 'Mexican Bandit' in Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                            X