Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill Goldston

Hello everyone,

I'm a filmmaker currently developing a documentary about prolific extra Jill Goldston, and thought you might be interested in seeing some of my research as it progresses.

I met with Jill earlier this year and she handed me over a long list of all the film, TV and commercial jobs she’s worked. As I understand it, this list was originally typed up by Scott Palmer and based on her diary entries.

Some of you may already have a copy of this, but I have (re)-digitised it, and started to do my best to determine what the entries mean, the best format they’re available on (if at all), and of course, if I can spot Jill.

I’ve put this all into a google sheet, with tabs at the bottom sorted by decade – and have been sporadically working my way through it in no particular order!

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

There are some little notes and idiosyncrasies that specifically relate to the project, but the layout should be fairly self-explanatory.

I’ve noted all the finds that have already been made on here, Aveleyman etc.. but am pleased to have made some new discoveries. I will post some I have screenshots for, and apologies if any of these have already been acknowledged elsewhere unbeknownst to me... I'm new here obviously (although have been lurking for a while!)

This film is very much in early days, but should it be completed, I would be keen to give a special thanks in the credits for anyone who has aided with the research for this, even if inadvertently. I'll be crediting people by their usernames, but if anyone would like to be credited by some other name (or not at all), please do message!

Jill Goldston looks over Reg Varney's shoulder in On the Buses – 'The Darts Match' (TX 11.04.1969)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	On the buses - S1E7 - 15m + 17m.png
Views:	259
Size:	683.7 KB
ID:	73885

Comment

Dressed in red, Jill runs towards the Thames in Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy (1972)

Name:	Frenzy 3m 41s.png
Views:	287
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	73887

Comment

Jill barges past Malcom McDowell in O Lucky Man! (1973)

Name:	O Lucky Man 2h45m + 2h47m.png
Views:	240
Size:	960.8 KB
ID:	73889

Comment

Jill as a waitress in Thriller – 'The Next Scream You Hear' AKA 'Not Guilty!' (TX 6.7.1974)

Name:	Thriller The Next Scream You Hear - 6m.png
Views:	242
Size:	593.8 KB
ID:	73891

Comment

As a dancer in Love for Lydia – Episode 4 (TX 30.9.1977)...

Name:	Love for Lydia Ep 4 - 35m + 39m.png
Views:	238
Size:	775.4 KB
ID:	73893

...and appearing again but with different hair in Episode 8 (TX 28.10.1977)

Name:	Love for Lydia - E8 - 24m.png
Views:	233
Size:	640.6 KB
ID:	73894

Comment

Jill sitting in the audience in Goodbye, Mr. Kent – Episode 3 (TX 11.2.1982)

Name:	Goodbye Mr Kent - S1 E3 - 16m.png
Views:	246
Size:	664.3 KB
ID:	73896

Comment

Very blurry but visibly Jill, standing in the airport in BBC's Play for Today: Another Flip for Dominick (TX 14.12.1982)

Name:	Another Flip for dominick - 1h 16m.png
Views:	240
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	73899

Comment

Jill as a potential bidder in Terry and June – 'The Auction' (TX 2.2.1982)

Name:	Terry and June - S4E5 - 23m.png
Views:	231
Size:	884.0 KB
ID:	73940
                  I can post some more later if there's interest? I've got quite a few finds in American films that were shot in the UK, but given that this is Britmovie, not sure what the etiquette is around posting those??
                  Last edited by ingyant; 7th July 2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Potentially Frenzy was an American (funded) film shot here, so I'd have thought they'd be little objection to showing Jill in American films made in the UK as it's British actors and technicians who worked on them.

Comment

Thanks Gerald, I'll do my best to reference the studio / location as well... All the following were shot at Pinewood...

A young Jill Goldston stands in a green dress, in Fiddler on the Roof (1971).

Name:	Fiddler on the roof 1h 13m.png
Views:	225
Size:	978.6 KB
ID:	73945

Jill can be seen briefly as a frantic shopper in Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Name:	Little Shop of Horrors 1h31m.png
Views:	211
Size:	902.6 KB
ID:	73946

... and as a spaceship worker in Aliens (1986)...

Name:	Aliens 16m59s.png
Views:	214
Size:	743.1 KB
ID:	73947

Comment

Jill Goldston Rivals
                        Jill in The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: The Mysterious Death on the Underground Railway. She plays a cafe cashier getting starry eyed over Richard Beckinsale, and then briefly appears as a Coroner's court spectator
                        Last edited by Wearysloth; 13th July 2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post
                          Jill Goldston Rivals
                          Jill in The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: The Mysterious Death on the Underground Railway. She plays a cafe cashier getting starry eyed over Richard Beckinsale, and then briefly appears as a Coroner's court spectator
                          Great find Wearysloth! Rare to get such a clear shot of her.

Comment

Back to the usual more distant shot of Jill as a railway station canteen waitress in AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT where there is "The Double Clue":

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-07-14-17h59m51s881.png
Views:	168
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	74415

Another even more distant shot is on the Sighted thread.
                            Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 14th July 2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Excellent find Gerald. You're the master of these, so many great spots on the Sighted thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X