No announcement yet.

Sighted: Ah There You Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm afraid they don't look like Dido or Fred to me.

On a happier note, we come to the last transmitted episode of THE PROTECTORS (hooray) which promises to be a "Blockbuster", and it's anything but. However, we do get to sight:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-10-20h26m30s860.png Views:	1 Size:	488.4 KB ID:	66358
    Aidan Harrington trying to flog Nyree Dawn Porter a Reliant Robin so she can make a fast(-ish) exit

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-10-20h27m20s692.png Views:	1 Size:	489.1 KB ID:	66359
    Peter Jeffrey announcing to the crew that the series is coming to an end, with P.C. Bill Hibbert getting ready to cheer

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-10-20h28m11s581.png Views:	1 Size:	426.2 KB ID:	66360
    George Hilsdon on the right doing a jig of delight also in his constable attire. In an earlier scene outside a police station, he salutes a more senior officer, which is something you don't see nowadays

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-10-20h28m37s149.png Views:	1 Size:	507.3 KB ID:	66361
    And the celebrations come to a head when they decide to duck the director in a vat of slime*. P.C. in the middle is Mike Stevens.

*actually, it's Maurice O'Connell; director Jeremy Summers had already scarpered.

Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 11th January 2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Happy new year to all. Was skimming through 1932's The Midshipmaid, and I think this is Rex Garner in the background behind Jessie Matthews and Basil Sydney. If so, must be the earliest sighting for him so far!

Comment

• A very belated Happy New Year, Dave (the 11th of January already).

I've got to know Susan Whitman quite well from her appearances in Mrs. Thursday the last
        couple of months and can confidently state she is Unnamed Extra 15 in A Hard Day's Night:

And Happy New Year Gerald, finally. My attempted e-mail replies have not gone at all well, what with lengthy drafts disappearing - probably while clearing history because of failed Google searches - and regular struggles with 'writer's block'. I shall have to start afresh and try not to go off on tangents, like I'm doing here.

I also intend to "start" afresh with the ITC Robin Hood next week. After about 40 episodes, my interest waned last time because they were becoming increasingly forgettable. 144 half-hour shows are, again, going to be really difficult to memorise but I will give it a try. I've already started watching William Tell for a second time and think I have some good news for you.

In your very first post at the original 'Sighted' thread, dear old Hilda Barry was the only identification from the opening episode of William Tell. We didn't know as many extras then so Ted Carroll (2) and Fred Haggery, if it's him at around 19 minutes, will be new additions - unless you've returned to the series since your 2010 screencapping of the series. Also hoping Catweazle creator Richard Carpenter can be added to the list of uncredited actors in Grand Prix. Surely that's him playing a Reporter in the scene where Brian Bedford comes back from hospital?
        Last edited by cornershop15; 11th January 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Imdb have accepted A Day at Denham for Juba. It's years before his first recorded appearance for IMbd, but perhaps because it's him in person and not in character, they are happy with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post

And Happy New Year Gerald, finally. My attempted e-mail replies have not gone at all well, what with lengthy drafts disappearing - probably while clearing history because of failed Google searches - and regular struggles with 'writer's block'. I shall have to start afresh and try not to go off on tangents, like I'm doing here.

I also intend to "start" afresh with the ITC Robin Hood next week. After about 40 episodes, my interest waned last time because they were becoming increasingly forgettable. 144 half-hour shows are, again, going to be really difficult to memorise but I will give it a try. I've already started watching William Tell for a second time and think I have some good news for you.

In your very first post at the original 'Sighted' thread, dear old Hilda Barry was the only identification from the opening episode of William Tell. We didn't know as many extras then so Ted Carroll (2) and Fred Haggery, if it's him at around 19 minutes, will be new additions - unless you've returned to the series since your 2010 screencapping of the series. Also hoping Catweazle creator Richard Carpenter can be added to the list of uncredited actors in Grand Prix. Surely that's him playing a Reporter in the scene where Brian Bedford comes back from hospital?
            Belated season's greetings to you too, cornershop! I will look forward to your ROBIN HOOD discoveries and although I haven't embarked upon a full scale re-watching of WILLIAM TELL, I have dipped into it occasionally - I'm not forgetting your comment a few years ago about Victor Harrington being in an episode and I've not found him yet - and yes, Ted (broken) Carroll and Fred Haggerty. Fred's got two roles, as a villager and an Austrian guard, the latter role also being played by Jim Brady. And it's Michael Brennan as the Alpenhorn player.

Comment

• Two films from 1967

The Dirty Dozen (1967)

Aveleyman have a comprehensive list of actors who appeared in this without attributions, i have one, Joe Cornelius plays a U.S Soldier (Airborne Division)
              IMDb have an incorrect attribution for German Soldier Wanting a Light, they say it is Alf Joint, it isn't it is Ken Buckle although Alf did participate in this film.

U.S. Officer - Norman Morris
              French Servent - Jimmy Scott
              Army Priest at Hanging - Larry Cross
              German Officer - Robert Vossler
              German Officer's Wife - Esme Smythe
              German Soldier - Jack Cooper

Red, White and Zero (1967)

An anthology film in three parts

Ride of the Valkyrie
              This instalment directed by Peter Brook ran over 40m originally, it was cut to more than half it's length by Lindsay Anderson, i think many more of our favourites would have turned up here.

Customs Officer - Les Conrad, Peter Durrent
              Theatre Audience Member - Pearl Walters
              Old Lady with a Pram - Hilda Barry
              People at the Tube Station - Austin Cooper, Don Archell, Hyma Beckley, Anthony Snell, Les Conrad (again)
              Actress on Stage - Kathleen Saintsbury
              Stage Door Keeper - Charles Rayford

The White Bus is the second instalment directed by Lindsay Anderson, it was filmed in Manchester so the extras are locals, the park painting recreations are acted by Salford residents

Red and Blue
              Third instalment a musical directed by Tony Richardson

Jazz Band Drummer - George Curtis
              Gangster - Bill Nagy
              Club Patrons - Gordon Sterne, Basil Dignam, Derek Tansley

Behind the Scenes of Red and Blue (1966)

Filmed in 1966 by Kevin Brownlow, first shown on Blu-Ray 2018 with added narration by Cinematograher Billy Williams

Themselves - Vanessa Redgrave, William Sylvester, Tony Richardson

- About "The White Bus" (1968)

Documentary on the making of The White Bus

Themselves - John Sharp, Julie Perry, John Savident, Fanny Carby, Malcolm Taylor, Allan O'Keefe, Barry Evans, Penny Ryder, Dennis Alaba Peters, Abdul Rahman Rakin, Margaret Barren, Jay Birje-Patil, Cecil H Gibbons, Dolores Judson, Dorothy Judson, Michael Marty, Francis McGrath, Mr. Piatkowski, Bill Pilkington, Charles Sankey, George Stanford, Lilian Redfern, Eric Thornber, Elizabeth Walker, Derek Williams, Mrs Yamamoto, Jill Bennett

During this film one of the actors playing a bus passenger is referred to as Mrs Piatkowski, i don't know if the credits in the original film made an error calling her Mr. instead of Mrs. or she is an uncredited cast member being the wife of credited Mr Piatkowski.
              Last edited by philly; 13th January 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Bunny Lake is Missing (1965)

Mother - Angela Kay
                Policeman - John Ketteringham
                Bar Patron - Ron Watkins, John Smart, Dennis Carnell, Dickey Luck, Chris Adcock
                Police Driver - Jack Silk
                Man in Hospital Waiting Room - Bill Rooney
                Ambulance Man - Jack Hetherington

Bunny Lake is Missing Trailer

Otto Preminger narrates and appears in this trailer, IMDb include this in the film credits

Bunny Lake is Missing Trailer (An alternative trailer)

The Zombies narrate the trailer in song

Themselves The Zombies - Rod Argent, Paul Atkinson, Colin Blunstone, Hugh Grundy, Chris White

Comment

• Sadly the print of Intent to Kill (1958) makes the intent to sight more difficult, but I think we can just about make out the "Canadian" bit players:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h45m58s291.png
Views:	124
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	66516
                  A convention attendee at a busy Montreal hotel is Fred Davis

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h47m52s687.png
Views:	119
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	66517
                  An orderly at Richard Todd's busy Montreal hospital is John Timberlake

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h49m53s578.png
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	66518
                  Twice in the film we get this snowy exterior shot of hospital visitors arriving, Graham Tonbridge coming in just behind Peter Arne.

Comment

• All wrapped up inside:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h48m18s230.png
Views:	128
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	66520
                    The visitor in the middle is Lindsay Hooper

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h50m16s536.png
Views:	123
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	66521
                    The "no smoking please" sign is blithely ignored by Guy Standeven and his pipe and I think it's Norman Fisher squelching in the middle

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-16h50m36s163.png
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	66522
                    Though it's not the maternity ward, doing the delivering is Larry Dann.

Comment

• Some dance floor antics now:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h27m38s329.png
Views:	129
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	66524
                      Lisa Gastoni gets ready to bunny hug with Carlo Giustini, but needs to finish off her martini first. John Howard is already on his feet

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h50m28s293.png
Views:	116
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	66525
                      Some unlikely dancers include Richard Nellor and just behind him, although it appears to be Pat Halpin, it's only that happy hoofer John Tatum

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h23m36s966.png
Views:	122
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	66526
                      Martin Lyder looks like he's gooseberry to Carlo and Lisa

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h25m49s674.png
Views:	121
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	66527
                      And, gulp, even Arthur Dibbs is getting smoochy.

Comment

• Back in hospital:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h39m01s407.png
Views:	122
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	66529
                        Betsy Drake politely lets Mabel Etherington out the lift without frisking her for handkerchiefs

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h39m54s891.png
Views:	120
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	66530
                        It's visiting hours again and as well as Peter Arne, Tony Mendleson and Anthony Lang are laden with bags of grapes

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h40m38s948.png
Views:	118
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	66531
                        And bustling in late I think is Charles Wood, his sideburns keeping his face warm

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h41m55s757.png
Views:	117
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	66532
                        Richard and Paul Carpenter ponder over who that chap is, but we know it's Len Llewellyn.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h42m05s369.png
Views:	121
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	66534 They're in full agreement that this is Frederick Kelsey (although Richard thought at first a skeleton had come to life)

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h42m52s603.png
Views:	118
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	66535 And they're just not bothered about spotting George Curtis.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h44m43s737.png
Views:	128
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	66537
                            And things get wrapped up as the Ritz Plaza Hotel's heroic house detective Pat Ryan shows up, speaks with unknown dubbed tongue, and flattens the approaching Carlo. Carlo is also dubbed throughout, by Robert Rietty

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h45m28s877.png
Views:	120
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	66538
                            Doing the wrapping here of Paul Carpenter is orderly Paul Phillips

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-13-21h46m32s903.png
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	66539
                            And on the left, it's Frank Howard who's outside in the cold checking the flattened person he's wrapping is already lifelessly cold.

Comment

• In PUBLIC EYE, "Nobody Kills Santa Claus", but also:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-01-15-19h15m54s312.png
Views:	124
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	66556
                              Nobody credits Billy John as a beat bar patron, not on screen or even in the ABC records, it seems. Tx: 30.01.1965.

Comment

• A few early Carry On's...

Carry on Nurse (1958)

BFI have John Horsley as an Anaesthetist, i didn't see him, maybe a deleted scene.

Outpatient - Aileen Lewis

Carry on Teacher (1959)

Parent - Vic Chapman, Ian Selby, Harry Drew, Joy Adams, Paul Beradi, James Ure, Pat Symons, George Holdcroft, Lawrence Archer, John Smart

Carry On Constable (1960)

Owning up to errors, i visited this film about four years ago and wrongly stated that Eric Henderson was a Citizen, it is actually Robert Gregory.

Citizen - Robert Gregory
                                Lady in the Street - Nan Kearns
                                Constable - Joe Phelps, Jeff Silk, Guy Mills, Fred Davis, Bill Baskiville

Comment

Working...
                                X