No announcement yet.

Sighted: Ah There You Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Cornershop do you think the sites best days are gone? It’s pretty much the same site as it always has been. Why does it matter if Eurydale or anyone else for that matter posts on off topic discussions? That’s there perogative. The only shame is that the likes of Scott Palmer and my old pal Moviedude don’t post anymore. I like this site for the Extra’s section and that’s still the same.

Comment

• cornershop15
      cornershop15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesterday's activity at Britmovie was dominated by off topic discussion posts, by the usual suspects, and it's started that way today. They'd rather discuss what's going on in the world (not that anything can be done about it from here) than show interest in what film enthusiasts have to offer. Identified extras and locations, for example.

True, it's none of our business if they want to argue - or agree - with each other but when we're asked to donate money to keep the forum going, I feel I should protest that it's being ruined by a minority that includes one member who acknowedges that everyone has contempt for his views, quits the thread/forum and yet repeatedly comes back for more abuse.

Regarding those who haven't posted for a long time, I've noticed Phil, Rick C and darrenburnfan seem to have disappeared.
      Last edited by cornershop15; 20th February 2019, 10:57 AM.

• Bless Me Father - The Doomsday Chair (1978) - Part 1

I've identified a number of extras since screencapping this episode
    in 2014. Even Maureen Nelson was an unfamiliar face at the time:

With Peter Bowles and Arthur Lowe. I think that might be the blond-haired David Billa behind her

Top right are Derek Parkes and Joan Harsant (recognisable from Public Eye). Ron Gregory below?:

I suspect the animated Irishman is Patrick Ryan.

The old man beside curate Daniel Abineri is Jimmy Mac, another Public Eye veteran:

Any other identifications? You can watch the episode on YouTube:

Bless Me, Father (S1E4) "The Doomsday Chair"
    Last edited by cornershop15; 20th February 2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• @ci5bdc
      @ci5bdc commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the blonde woman is Maureen Nelson ?

• cornershop15
      cornershop15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. If you mean the third screencap (directly above), that's 'barmaid' Christina Halstead. The well-established Maureen Nelson is behind Peter Bowles in the first image.

• Well I would NEVER donate to ANY website to keep it going when you can enjoy it for free. If it disappears so be it. This site isn’t my life after all. As for other posts I simply don’t read them. I like the Extra’s stuff only. Occasionally I read the odd obituary’s but that’s it.

Anyway, Im watching Superman 3. The opening scene on the streets of Metropolis looks like the States but would Richard Lester be allowed to fly the likes of Graham Stark, Gordon Rollings, Henry Woolf and Bob Todd to America for such tiny parts? He could have used American actors. Of course it could be just the magic of the movies editing wise.

Comment

• I love Britmovie. I've been a member of the forum for 9 years and love to read Gerald's wonderful reviews or action some credits for the Extra's on Imdb.
      The site is what you make of it. I read most of it, but can appreciate that some threads, don't interest everyone.
      Personally logging on to Britmovie has helped me through some pretty lean times over the last few years. At times when there was wasn't much to look forward to, I could always log on and find something of interest and still do.
      More power to it's elbow.
      Last edited by Tigon Man; 20th February 2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Elbowing his way into shot as Alfred Burke is interviewed during the O.B. recording of the lost PUBLIC EYE episode ""You Can Keep the Medal" in Birmingham on 27th May 1966:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-20-21h04m26s598.png
Views:	125
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	67944
        Minus his usual moustache and bowtie is P.C. Leslie Adams.

Comment

• I think we should start a second 'Extras in Public Eye' thread, Gerald, as these identifications will soon be lost and forgotten here:

Bless Me Father - The Doomsday Chair - Part 2

A closer view of some of the people in the second capture of Part 1. I was wrong about Ron Gregory
          (the man sitting down) but am positive that's Annet Peters behind Derek Parkes (yellow waistcoat):

I thought the unfortunately cropped woman on the right might be Ursula Glanville but she's not in IMDb's list.

No mistaking Garth Watkins though. Like Jimmy Mac earlier, he's stood next to Daniel Abineri and Arthur Lowe:

The landlady on the right is Phyllis MacMahon, who played a murder victim in 10 Rillington Place.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
            I think we should start a second 'Extras in Public Eye' thread, Gerald, as these identifications will soon be lost and forgotten here
            Yes, cornershop, I think that is a good idea.

Comment

• cornershop15
              cornershop15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gerald, apart from 'Nobody Kills Santa Claus', I never got round to screencapping the surviving ABC episodes so these will be excellent additions to the new 'Public Eye' thread, which I will create in a moment. Thanks very much. And well done with Billy John, Ann Barrass and others who aren't named in the book's uncredited cast lists. I expect your help will be needed with many more identifications.

Sylvia Kay was great in 'The Bromsgrove Venus' you highlighted on the previous page. A recent and very sad loss.

• Another of ORSON WELLES GREAT MYSTERIES is "An Affair of Honour":

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-21-19h55m32s140.png
Views:	100
Size:	668.8 KB
ID:	67962
            And the sergeant receiving an honourable discharge from General Harry Andrews is Rodney Cardiff.

Comment

• One of ORSON WELLES GREAT MYSTERIES is that it's Christmas already, so it's "Compliments of the Season" from all those down the pub, including:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-11h44m05s080.png
Views:	85
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	68064
              Lance Corporal Eric Kent (and perhaps May Warden too)

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-11h44m11s641.png
Views:	78
Size:	494.9 KB
ID:	68065
              Snooty Rita Tobin

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-11h46m18s125.png
Views:	76
Size:	557.3 KB
ID:	68066
              Star Eli Wallach and tuneless Ricky Lansing.

Comment

• The festive festivities continue with:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-11h44m25s239.png
Views:	82
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	68068
                Cheery Roy Denton, background Graham Tonbridge and Eli. The landlord is Michael Breennan

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-11h44m39s069.png
Views:	75
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	68069
                And darts competitor Anthony Lang coming into view behind Roy.

Comment

• Chase a Crooked Shadow (1957)

Only about six uncredited's in this, one of them is Bernard Foreman as a Spanish Policeman.

Happy is the Bride (1957)

Cricketer - Daniel Brown, Edwin Fowles, Redmond Bailey
                  ​​​​​​People Leaving Train Station - Miles Silverton, Helen Ford, Jeff Silk
                  Policeman in Court - Fred Nicholas
                  Wedding Guest - Richard Duke, Esme Smythe Bill Raymond, Paddy Brannigan, Muriel Greenslade, Eddie Dillon

Comment

• Back to NEW SCOTLAND YARD for "The Palais Romeo" and not looking as though she enjoyed her dance:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h41m08s176.png
Views:	76
Size:	548.5 KB
ID:	68085
                    Is poor deceased Lola Morice: even her kiss curl is gone. There's a more pleasing image of Lola on a poster later in the episode

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h42m02s046.png
Views:	66
Size:	448.6 KB
ID:	68086
                    Even detective Terry Sartain is put out by this, though he has no qualms about opening up the bundle Lola's in to show to a schoolboy

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h42m48s483.png
Views:	68
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	68087
                    But photographer Ken Sedd makes sure he snaps a photo or two. The assembled 'tecs are now Colin Rix, John Woodvine and John Carlisle

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h43m20s433.png
Views:	65
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	68088
                    What Lola did next was end up in the path lab where the sheets are operated by Keith Ashley and the operation is operated by Robert Hartley. That's Mr. Woodvine leaving before his lunch does.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h44m18s335.png
Views:	77
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	68090
                      Detective Ronald Gough is caught rifling through Richard O'Callaghan's pockets

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h44m49s721.png
Views:	73
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	68091
                      The gentlemen of the press include Derek Chafer, the credited Barry Warren and Les Conrad

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-23-18h45m30s289.png
Views:	75
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	68092
                      And the gentleman in the spotlight is Terence Soall and he needs three coppers, including Ronald and Cy Town, to keep an eye on him. The backside on the right we'd rather not keep on eye on is attached to Godfrey Jackman.

Comment

• Up early for Daybreak (1948):

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-11h04m29s247.png
Views:	78
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	68121
                        Chief Prison Officer George Merritt leads Governor Milton Rosmer and A. N. Other to the condemned cell

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-11h05m06s338.png
Size:	502.9 KB
ID:	68122
                        Eric Portman the hangman has his day job as a barber, along with Bill Owen, who's about to have a go with Jim Morris. However shades of Sweeney Todd when Eric tells his customers he will soon "polish 'em off". Customers in later scenes who nevertheless survive include Andrew Crawford and, hooped scarf as ever at the ready, Garry Marsh.

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-11h05m24s607.png
Size:	649.0 KB
ID:	68123
                        The Red Lion barmaid Doris (Jane Hylton) is down in the dumps, but left background has Norman Fisher downing a pint

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-11h05m53s118.png
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	68124
                        Raindrops don't keep falling on the head of Jim Brady making a fairly early appearance as Eric and Ann Todd dash through the dripping sets at Riverside Studios.

Comment

• The Embezzler (1954) takes loot from his place of work:

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-17h04m48s946.png
Views:	72
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	68142
                          Where the bank clerks are John Miller and the credited Dennis Chinnery

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-02-24-17h10m14s203.png
Views:	61
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	68143
                          And heads for the tax haven of Eastbourne, where he spots among the guests at the private Eastcote Hotel Ernest Blythe. A remarkably serene Peggy Mount is the lady at the reception desk.

Sam Kydd is on the IMDb uncredited list as a railway inspector, but there's no sign of him - possibly the only 50s film Sam wasn't in and another phantom credit?

Comment

Working...
                          X