• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-26-12h08m37s091.png
Views:	490
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	88279
    David and Carol's relationship has gone to the dogs as Victor Harrington steps in

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-26-12h10m15s497.png
Views:	447
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	88280
    Now it's developed into shouting in the restaurant where Hal Osmond can't get his bill and a dark-haired Harold Coyne scuttles across the background

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-26-12h10m57s050.png
Views:	470
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	88281
    The angst continues as Bob E. Raymond watches wearily

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-26-12h11m21s581.png
Views:	482
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	88282
    And Derek and Zena have their own troubles, with police inspector Howard Lang in attendance. IMDb has Dan Yarranton down in his only role as an inspector .

No sign of John Boxer, Esma Cannon, Sandra Dorne, Judith Furse, Michael Ward, Richard Wattis or Ian Wilson who are also on the IMDb uncredited roll of phantom appearances.

Comment

• In the asylum set scenes filmed at Shepperton in Suddenly Last Summer (1959)there are a lot of extras as the patients. Some I recognized but I'm sure some of the others can be named. Here's Jack May and some unknowns (to me)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	1 Size:	534.7 KB ID:	88289
      Who are these guys?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture2.png Views:	1 Size:	543.6 KB ID:	88290
      Ian Wilson (uncredited but on IMDB for this film) but who is this with him?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture3.png Views:	1 Size:	540.6 KB ID:	88291
      Anthony Lang and?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture4.png Views:	1 Size:	554.3 KB ID:	88292

Comment

• More from Suddenly Last Summer. Is this Hubert Hill on the right?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture5.png Views:	1 Size:	703.1 KB ID:	88294
        George Spence gets a good bit of acting to do here. He's upset as Elizabeth Taylor is distracting all the men and he was concentrating on his playing cards.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture6.png Views:	1 Size:	600.3 KB ID:	88295
        Onto the female patients and I didn't recognize anyone apart from Rita Webb who is down for this role (uncredited) on IMDB.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture7.png Views:	1 Size:	533.5 KB ID:	88296
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture8.png Views:	1 Size:	733.4 KB ID:	88297
        This lady gets a good close up but who is she?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture9.png Views:	1 Size:	467.3 KB ID:	88298

Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 26 April 2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• The last picture is our distraught lady again with Aileen Lewis who gets to sound the alarm as a nurse.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture10.png Views:	1 Size:	627.6 KB ID:	88300
          Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 26 April 2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• 1st pic - (Jack May) John Barrett
            2nd - Eric Corrie on right
            4th - Anthony Lang and Eric Chitty
            5th - not Hubert Hill, it's Ken Buckle
            the distraught lady might be Pamela Devereaux but i am not certain

Comment

• Thanks Philly. Eric Chitty, of course it is.

Comment

• Sorry Gerald. I will suitably chastise myself for my disgraceful error. I will not amend my mistake by editing it either. Let the world see my buffoonery and judge me with the scorn I deserve.

Comment

• Aileen, Anthony Lang and lovely George Spence have been accepted by Imdb for Suddenly Last Summer.
                I think George Spence and Elizabeth Taylor should feature on another thread, as actors you didn't expect to see together!

Comment

• Thank you. Not Jack May or any of Philly's suggestions mon ami?

Comment

• That's not a young Iain Cuthbertson with Ian Wilson is it?

Comment

• philly
                      philly commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can see the resemblance dissolute, but i don't think it is, this extra only seemed to be around a short time 59/60ish, i remember him as a villager going for free beer in Inn for Trouble and he was tending a school? sign in ... i forget which film now.

• Originally posted by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan) View Post
                    Thank you. Not Jack May or any of Philly's suggestions mon ami?
                    No mon brave, I decided a long time ago, to just concentrate on the dozen or so extra's that I could recognise, I don't have Gerald or Philly's powers of facial recall.

Comment

• Philly messaged me a few weeks ago about one of the male patients who looked like my father (Larry Noble), but after checking with Mum, I decided it wasn't likely to be him... although it did look like him! He was busy in the theatre at that time and I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about Elizabeth Taylor if he'd been there.

Comment

• As it was mainly made in Yugoslavia, The Long Ships (1963) doesn't give much opportunity for sightings, but as well as British imported thesps among the American leads, Bob Simmons brought in his stunt crew:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-29-20h54m14s149.png Views:	1 Size:	525.7 KB ID:	88447
                        So in addition to Colin Blakely, Gordon Jackson, Russ Tamblyn and Jeanne Moody, there's Alf Joint, Gerry Crampton and Peter Brace. Peter blacks up later on and turns into a vicious Moor soldier before reverting to his kindly Viking persona by the film's end

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-29-20h54m46s417.png Views:	1 Size:	507.5 KB ID:	88448
                        And aboard one of the title artifacts, I think that's Ken Buckle who knows the ropes most closely, plus Bill Cummings beside Edward Judd and Gordon. Ken is seen to die more than once during the film. David Lodge is to picture left of Gordon. Edward also supplies the agitated narration for the prologue.

Someone I didn't spot was the credited Henry Oscar as Auctioneer, nor indeed Leonard Rossiter as "Persian Soldier Who Falls On Sword To Prove Loyalty(uncredited)", courtesy of IMDb.
                        Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 29 April 2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• philly
                          philly commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Definitely Ken Buckle, Gerald, also Eddie Eddon far right, there were Russian extras drafted in for this and British based supporting artiste Marusa Elias was employed as an interpreter.

• ChristofferSlotte
                          ChristofferSlotte commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Leonard Rossiter as "Persian Soldier Who Falls On Sword To Prove Loyalty" is probably a mistake. It should be Alf Joint as Persian soldier executed on the Mare of Steel. Alf told me he played this part and I think we can easily recognize him there.

• Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post

Name:	Dorian Gray Juba Kennerley.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	88235

And although you can only see him from behind, it's certainly Juba Kennerley as an Art Gallery Visitor.
                        A little sprinkling of some more revealing their secrets:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h53m24s344.png
Views:	351
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	88511
                        Far left in the dark pub watching a drag act appears to be John Smart

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h53m51s643.png
Views:	327
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	88512
                        The charity worker in the centre helping out the already-sighted John Tatum is Iris Fry

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h54m05s380.png
Views:	319
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	88513
                        Herbert Lom is pleased to know that Peter Evans has a one as big as Helmut Berger.

Comment

• Thanks, philly.

Another viewing of Alive and Kicking (1958) shows the following then alive, dancing, climbing and knitting:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-05-01-19h22m15s229.png Views:	1 Size:	396.8 KB ID:	88575
                          Denys Palmer on the right as a Russian trawlerman cum spy cum dancer. He was also the film's choreographer. Estelle Winwood top left

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-05-01-19h22m54s675.png Views:	1 Size:	403.0 KB ID:	88576
                          Daniel Brown about to do a bit of thatching

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-05-01-19h23m17s480.png Views:	1 Size:	265.6 KB ID:	88577
                          Fay Bura (not Jessie Robins) as a witty hefty knitter. Kathleen Harrison on the left.

Comment

Working...
                          X