No announcement yet.

Sighted: Ah There You Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already covered, especially by Movie Dude, is The Wrong Box (1966), but another viewing has revealed more hiding therein:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h24m23s908.png
Views:	190
Size:	593.7 KB
ID:	94777
    One of the parents of the children out to survive all the others is Tom Chatto on the right

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h25m24s717.png
Views:	186
Size:	728.5 KB
ID:	94778
    At a launching by Totti Truman Taylor, Pat Hagan is the admiral second from the left and up in the gods on the right are Richard Duke (behind the pillar) and Victor Harrington

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h26m17s292.png
Views:	187
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	94779
    In the presence of H.M. Queen Victoria, as well as Lee Fenton and Edwin Fowles, there's Vic Chapman and Richard Atherton.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h27m19s369.png
Views:	192
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	94781
      Ralph Richardson on a train with a polite Paddy Smith (also seen in the aftermath of the crash)

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h28m24s357.png
Views:	181
Size:	744.2 KB
ID:	94782
      Where Peter Graves orders around Pat Halpin and Cecil Paul

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h29m50s316.png
Views:	183
Size:	882.9 KB
ID:	94783
      Walking in the park one day, we can see Harold Coyne and Tony Mendleson as well as a Lewis Alexander lookalike

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-19-17h32m02s354.png
Views:	184
Size:	712.2 KB
ID:	94784 Vernon Duke too, hoping his rug will stay on.

Comment

• Gerald Lovell
        Gerald Lovell commented
        Editing a comment
        Rogue IMDb credits include Juliet Mills as "Mannish Woman on Train" - it's actually the credited Marianne Stone - and André Morell as a "Club Butler".

• Alan Beaton walking past Lee Fenton.

Comment

• The Fighting Prince of Donegal (1966) was not in fact made in Donegal, but in Pinewood:

Name:	image_12010.png
Views:	164
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	94819
        Here's old Dido Plumb as a clan leader- I'm afraid I can only remember the names of a few extras, but I'm sure some of you may recognize the other two.

Last edited by James Thomas; 20 October 2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• ACE OF WANDS eats "Peacock Pie" in 1972:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-20-18h17m11s331.png
Views:	165
Size:	609.6 KB
ID:	94807
          But at Purcell's Restaurant, hopefully Richard Atherton has a something nicer on the menu with his lady friend

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-20-18h17m22s351.png
Views:	159
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	94808
          The waiter not serving Michael Mackenzie, Roy Holder and Petra Markham appears to be Leslie Week(e)s

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-20-18h17m55s263.png
Views:	160
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	94809
          And as Roy tries to snap a compromising photo of Richard and his companion, I believe the bald gentleman chomping away in the background is Colin Cunningham.

Comment

• Referring to a post I made earlier this year regarding S.O.S. Titanic (1979); a fully uncut version has finally been released on DVD, and there are consequently a few new actors to be seen. I was wondering if anyone could identify the following faces:

This actor plays the Titanic's chief wireless operator; he has dialogue, but is uncredited.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12016.png Views:	0 Size:	520.7 KB ID:	94812

The credited Anna Quayle is upset at two uncredited actors: the identified Nicholas Young, and a mystery man...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12017.png Views:	0 Size:	581.7 KB ID:	94813

A tricky Irish pedlar screws David Janssen out of some money, and is subsequently screwed out of an onscreen credit...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12018.png Views:	0 Size:	708.6 KB ID:	94814

And finally, a group of officers on the rescue ship try in vain to find their names on the end credits; the previously identified Charles Bolton is in the middle, and is that Tony Vogel with the moustache? Not sure about the other two.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12019.png Views:	0 Size:	568.0 KB ID:	94815
            Last edited by James Thomas; 20 October 2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm afraid I'm not seeing any of your images, James.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Thomas
                Hi Gerald, I'm afraid I'm not the most technical person so I'm not sure why they're not showing up; I've just reedited my post, confusingly I can see all the pictures from my end alright but not sure if anyone else can? Can you see my earlier post about Fighting Prince of Donegal, or is that "invisible" as well?
                I haven’t checked the details of why you posted yet but the usual reason is that you just gave a local, relative address which works fine when you look at it because the images are on your system. But it shows as a blank screen for anybody else.

You need to upload the image before posting it

​​​​​​​ Steve

Comment

• I can see them now, James.

Comment

• Previously well covered is The Wrong Arm of the Law (1962), certainly one of the best comedies of the 60s, and so I can only add this time round:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-21-19h54m46s379.png
Views:	158
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	94840
                    Our new/old friend Reggie de Beer lower centre as one of the fashion show attendees, not entirely impressed with Peter Sellers' presentation of debonair man-about-crime Bernard Cribbins.

Comment

• Nice to see Reggie make his first (identified) appearance at this thread.

Oh Rosalinda!! (1955)

Most of the onscreen actors are identified in the credits, notable absentee's are the four singing, dancing Russian Cossacks, Arthur Mullard has long been known about, Gerald noted another two, Maurice Bush and Peter Brace in this thread last year, the fourth cossack is Ken Buckle.

In a bit part as soldier in the jeep in the black and white montage at the start of the film, we see an early appearance of later well known character actor Michael Segal.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled (2).png
Views:	133
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	94859
                        Not strictly speaking an extra, but I'm pretty sure that's an uncredited John Savident as a German general in a 1993 episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. A young Daniel Craig (complete with glue-on moustache!) also appears in this episode (entitled Palestine, October 1917).

I don't suppose anyone has been able to identify any of the elusive actors I posted about earlier from SOS Titanic?

Comment

• Sorry James, i disn't recognise those uncrediteds in SOS Titanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by philly View Post
                            Sorry James, i disn't recognise those uncrediteds in SOS Titanic.
                            Same here, I'm afraid, James.

Comment

• "Diamonds Are Never Forever" unfortunately for Denise Buckley and NEW SCOTLAND YARD:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-24-20h07m21s371.png
Views:	91
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	94900
                              And investigating it with John Woodvine is Eden Fox

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-10-24-20h05m53s553.png
Views:	83
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	94901
                              And blimey, although he wasn't in the previous episode, I think we now get Charles Pickess assisting Johns Carlisle and Woodvine.

Comment

Working...
                              X